[Electronics-Talk] Spectrum 110 Cable Box Remote

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Tue Nov 13 22:39:55 UTC 2018

Thanks for this comprehensive description of the Spectrum 110 remote.  Does
it have a separate power button to turn the TV on /off without also turning
the box on/off?  I don't like turning both devices on and off at the same
time because in my experience, if you don't aim the remote exactly right,
you could turn off the box without turning off the TV or vice versa.  Having
a button to turn off the box separately but not one for turning off the TV
is asinine because when you turn off the box, you do not really turn it off
because it is still using power just as if it was on, so you might as well
keep it on all the time, which is what I do now.  The only way to really
turn off the box is to unplug it.  And I don't like the location of the
input source button between the two power buttons, because if you have
fumble fingers like me, you could accidently hit this button by mistake
instead of the right power button to turn off the box and TV, and then the
next time you try to turn them on, you won't hear anything because you
inadvertently changed the input from cable box to something else, and you
would then need sighted help to restore things to normal.  Very bad design.
For me, the poor location of the input source button and the absence of a
separate TV power button are deal breakers, and so I'll just stick with my
non-accessible box for now.  At least I can control the box and TV
separately, and can't accidently screw up the input source.
Gerald