[Electronics-Talk] Spectrum 110 Cable Box Remote

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Mon Nov 19 18:06:36 UTC 2018

I don't understand the problem.  When you say that the box "is coming up on
the wrong input", exactly what do you mean?  The box itself has only one
input: the coaxial cable line.  Do you mean that the box somehow switches
the input source on your TV from cable box to something else?  So if your TV
is set to cable box as the input source, the cable box mysteriously sets it
to a different input source, such as HDMI?  I don't understand how this is
possible. Or is it possible that when you press the power button on the
remote to turn off both the cable box and the TV at the same time, you are
accidently hitting the adjacent input source button, which toggles the TV to
the next input source so that when you turn on your box and TV again, it
appears that the input source is wrong, when, in fact, you may have
inadvertently changed it by an errant press of the input source button on
the remote.

Gerald