[Electronics-Talk] Warning the new Sonos with Alexa has touch pad!

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:14:16 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a pair of Sonos1 speakers.  These are the Low end of the Sonos line.  They run almost $200 each.  They  have deals at times when one can get two speakers for fifty dollars off.  It is true that the controls on the top are a touch panel but sounds can be heard when controls are touched.  I think I can master these controls with practice.  The Sonos1 has the alexa voice built in which simplifizes the operation of these speakers.  The sonos app works well with voiceover.  They are simple yet versatile with Alexa and the Sonos app.  They sound wonderful!  They hope to add the google voice by the end of the year.  This will be the first speaker with multiple voice engines should this come about! They must be plugged in no battery.  They work with wifi not bluetooth.

Go to
http://www.sonos.com to read about their products.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone