[Electronics-Talk] Warning the new Sonos with Alexa has touch pad!

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 01:36:22 UTC 2018

Merv,

I totally forgot about mentioning the Airplay2 which came to the Beam,
and all newer speakers, as well as the Play5 second generations.
Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, no go for Airplay with the Sonos1's.
Also, I love that the Play5's have a stereo 8th inch line in jack. I
can't tell you how many times I've ran a patch cable from my mixer's
line out bus channel to the line in of the play5, then ran something
like my Blaze ET, or my Bard player, or whatever into one of the mixer's
inputs, then throughout the house listened. I've even at times ran my
band through my mixer, and the mixer out to the Sonos Play5, then
broadcasted our performance all over the house for guests to hear when
having parties and such. It's really a sweet feature to have!

Chris.