[Electronics-Talk] Braille watch alternatives

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Oct 27 17:43:58 UTC 2018

Chris, what's a Ticwatch?
Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Chaltain via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:18 PM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances
Cc: Christopher Chaltain
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] Braille watch alternatives

The Tissot is pretty chunky although it's face isn't that big. I've
never seen a Apple watch, but I'd suspect it has a bigger face although
it may not be as chunky. My Ticwatch is bigger then my Tissot, as far as
the face is concerned, but it's a bit thinner and not as chunky.

On 10/26/18 7:10 AM, Annette Carr via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> I had always wanted a Tissot, and when I finally had a chance to get one
into my hands I was disappointed with how big it is.  It is too big for my
wrist.  With that said, I'm now wondering how big it is compared to an Apple
Watch.

> I have always wanted to see the Alexandra Vision line of Pendant watches.
I do not know if they are still available, but here is a link to a
description and a link to AbleMart where it says it is in stock.

> SOAR - Meteor Vibrating Pendant Watch
> http://soar.askjan.org/Product/az0yMTkyJnQ9MCZpPTAmdj0zODc2
>
> Alexandravision Comet Black Appears to be sold by AbleMart.  I do not know
if they carry the various models that I was once aware of.

<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
> Cc: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] Braille watch alternatives
>
> My first two Seiko watches lasted for decades each. Currently I have a
Tissot and a Victorinos. The Tissot was hard to find, and you want to make
sure you get the right model, i.e. the Silen-T. I haven't had either of them
for decades, but I don't see why the Tissot won't last forever. I don't like
the Victorinos much though. I find the face too small. I am intrigued by the
Eone though, and I'd love to see one in action. It also seems like it should
be pretty durable.

> On 10/25/18 10:18 AM, evelyn weckerly via Electronics-Talk wrote:
>> Hi, tracy, and all,
>>
>> My first Seiko watch lasted many years; my second one did not.
>> Afterward I had two Braille watches and oneBrailleandtalk one which
>> worked for only a shorttime.  At the 2011 convention, our Independence
>> Market had a sale on a Swiss electric watch because that particular
>> model was being discontinued.  I got one for $100 instead of $150.
>> I'm still using it.  As far as I know, its replacement is available.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Evelyn

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/amcarr1%40veri
zon.net