[Electronics-Talk] New Satellite radio desperately needed

wayne greenwood33 at cox.net
Sun Sep 23 01:31:57 UTC 2018

Tracy, If there's any  other stations you'd like us to try, just ask. As I
said yesterday, we did try to get channel 219 and 201 on the web page where
you could listen on the computer, they weren't available. Here's a few
thoughts about the radios, If you get a portable radio my concerns would be
just how good the reception would be. Seeings how xm offers a few of these
radios I hope the reception would be good. I want to tell you about some of
the features that  our radio has, the model is the onyx plus. A very
important feature if one has no vision you have direct access to any channel
with the number pad. For anything you want to do with the radio is best done
with the remote, however, the more important features are on the front of
the radio. This is a very small compact system. The out put is a standard
output for audio, it's a standard 3/8 inch jack, so most portable speaker
systems will plug right into it, if you don't have a sterio to hook it up
too. It's a very good audio sound. One  great feature is that we just used
this afternoon, is the ability to rewind up to an hour, so we had a show
that went over 20 minutes so that wasn't a problem, because all we had to do
was change the channel and rewind to the beginning of the program on that
channel. Important, if you decide to purchase this radio, and want the
ability to rewind, there are 20 presets that you could put your favorite
stations in. Actually the only channels that are rewindable are the stations
that you have in the presets. If you decide to get this model of radio, if
you have any questions about how to do anything on it or any questions about
it, don't hessitate to ask. It will be necessary for someone sighted to help
you initially get the radio set up for you. We had the sales person at best
buy help us getting the radio activated, and since the menues don't talk,
and setting all the options the way we wanted it, and of course we always
take our slates and styluses with us so we had an accurate chart of the
remote and  of the front and back of the radio. Then when we got home we did
everything else. This radio hasn't been turned off, it's been on for over a
year, about a year and 3 months, and it hasn't had no problems, no gliches
and no drops in signal.

Arlene and Wayne
Arlene
arlenes71154 at earthlink.net