[Electronics-Talk] Warning about using Aira!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Dec 22 14:31:38 UTC 2019

Hi Mike.
Glad you're OK!
An AIRA agent once told me about a walk signal, but I always verify anything
someone tells me with my own ears, if I can.  Even a sighted person standing
next to me sometimes gets it wrong.  Usually the AIRA people say they can't
help with a crossing, though sometimes they try, but it still has to be
taken cautiously.
If you're having trouble figuring out the signal on a street you use
regularly, I really recommend you work on getting an audible signal.  I
fought with my county to get one on a street I have to cross all the time,
and it has made a huge difference.  I can get home from work, or go
shopping, without taking my life in my hands.  Imagine!
Anyway, good luck, and be careful.
Tracy