[Electronics-Talk] music apps and radio

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 3 01:01:46 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am beginning to explore mobile devices and apps.
I am considering an IPad mini or standard one. I have a loaned one to try for now.
What mobile apps do you all use for music? Which device do you use it on and how accessible is the app? If accessibility problems are there, what are the challenges?
Which apps are free vs a subscription?
My use will involve streaming and ideally downloading music for off line use.
Any experience with the youtube app? Are most websites of radio stations accessible? At least on the pc, I've found most to work pretty well.
My hope is I can  play a variety of stations, both local and other states. I do want access to the traditional radio stations broadcasted here in my area of  Northern Virginia including Wash FM, NPR, and WMZQ. I also want to create a favorites list and pick the type of music I want. I have Pandora on the PC and its not too accessible due to unlabeled buttons but I can select the type of station I want. I’m sure there is an easy accessible app out there that does this. Maybe Pandora is more accessible on IOS.

I am interested in trying these apps: Tune-In, Spotify, and Freegal. That last one is from a public library that lets you stream and download music.

Thanks for any advice.

Ashley