[Electronics-Talk] [EXT] Re: Ring 2 Video Doorbell

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:20:21 UTC 2019

Please pardon the fact that I'm coming in late on this thread, and your
message was the first I've seen.

We're moving in less than a month, and will have a ring doorbell
included at no cost to us. It comes with our home.

I use Voiceover both on my iPhone, as well as Talkback on an Android
device, and I am super super super proficient with both. So much, I
actually train individuals on both platforms as part of my job.

This being said, what accessibility issues on either platform should I
be made aware of with Ring doorbell? You say by the time you find the
button, the person's gone. Can you not touch explore the screen to find
the button, or flick to it, then double tap?

Any help/tips you could give me with the app on either platform would be
wonderful! I'll take all the help I can get. Keep in mind, I haven't yet
had the chance to install nor see the app, as it's not quite yet our
moving closing date, which is on the 29th of this month.

Tomorrow, we go over to the new home and talk to a tech guy coming out
to tell us about all the new smart home stuff like the doorbell etc.
that will be included. We won't yet have internet access there, so he'e
will simply just be giving us a genral overview of things, but that
said, again, anything you can tell me about the ring doorbell from an
accessibility standpoint would be great, as he's not going to most
likely know anything about that aspect.

Chris.