[Electronics-Talk] a smoker question

Tom Lange lange85 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:06:11 UTC 2019

Hi,
I’ve been thinking about buying an electric smoker since my landlord won’t let me use my old trusty Weber kettle on my balcony anymore. Instead, we tenants have to use a gas grill down in the common area and, not only is it inconvenient, but gas grills just don’t cut it if you’re used to honest-to-God low-and-slow barbecue. Anyway, I checked out the Rec Tec products on Amazon and  it looks as if they all have some fancy bells and whistles including wi-fi, built-in temperature probes and a ceramic “hotflash” ignition system. At first glance I was quite impressed, but on closer examination I found that they’re awfully pricey. The Rec Tec Bull had a 5-star rating but will set you back $1,500. The Stampede which Kim mentioned also had a great rating but runs about $1,200. The Trailblazer, which seems to be the smallest of the three units, will set you back $799. Just thouught I’d pass that along.
Tom l