[Electronics-Talk] clarity jv35w phone follow-up

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue May 28 02:14:58 UTC 2019

A staffmember helped me get that battery door off and used a sharp knife
to do the job.  Very dangerous, not something I recommend to anyone blind
or sighted!  The phone takes 4 AA batteries.  The phone speaks functions
and numbers and does not speak anything like menu choices.  This one was
made for braille users who are hard of hearing and has no speaker phone
capability so far as I can tell.  I can still use the phone with what it
has so won't be returning it.  The batteries in the phone are to boost
amplification for sound level.
Verizon also provided me with a phone power reserve that needs 12 D cell
batteries then plugs into the side of the phone.  My guess is that way the
phone can get powered before the electricity comes back on using that
power reserve but because we do have power outages over here and have no
generator, I think I'll know probably before this Summer is over.