[Electronics-Talk] SAP on PBS Country Music

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 2 05:06:12 UTC 2019

Ashley, the pbs app is the pbs video app, and watching on that app you'll
hear the audio description, with having audio description turned on, on your
apple device, your iphone or ipad. From what I understand you could hear the
documentary through prime as well, and hopefully the audio description will
come through on prime. I don't have prime, so possibly someone else can tell
you whether one can hear the audio description with prime. There was a big
thread about the audio description on this list as well as one of the iphone
lists at the time of the airing of the country music documentary. There was
a number of us that are in areas where our local pbs channels don't include
or air the audio description on their channels, even if you have everything
set correctly on your tv or device with the audio description on. The pbs
channel in my area is one of those channels where you don't hear the audio
description, so we were so happy  to find out we could hear the audio
description with the app, again it's the pbs video app. The man that did the
audio description did a great job, saying the name of people when they
talked, and explaining some pictures that were being  shown. We listened and
recorded it through our ipad. to Hearing this documentary is well worth
watching, even if you're not totally into country music with all the history
there.

Arlene