[Electronics-Talk] New flip phone?

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 15:40:52 UTC 2019

Definitely go both places, Tracy. The upsetting thing lately, and I'm not
sure how long it's been going on, especially with the flip phones, not as
many stores have the phones on demo. If they have the phone in stock, as the
verizon store I mainly go too, they'll at least take the phone out of the
box for you to touch, but they can't turn it on and turn the speech on so
you could try it out, which is a real disadvantage for all of us. Someone
that I've messaged with about the flip phones decided on the lg exalt from
the information I sent her. At the time I don't think her store had the
phone in stock, and it seemed like such a complicated situation, that while
they ordered it, she had to show her id, I think it was. It seems like it's
actually the same situation, really, at my verizon store. For example, they
do have that new phone I mentioned yesterday, the orbic journey 5, but it's
just in the box, not out on the counter as a demo phone, like when I
purchased my lg exalt and the kyozera cadence, last july. I would really
like to try it out to see if like the etalk, if it's more phone than I'd
like to have, just to see what it's like, and I can't do that there anyway,
and this is a corprid store. I might do some calling around to the other
corprid stores, and also call verizon to give them some feedback about this,
and I hope some other people will do the same. Tracy, I'm just hoping that
your husband will have the opportunity to try the phones out, somehow, even
if you both talk to the manager to see if you could work something out,
because he needs so much to feel confortable and know what he's getting.
The only way presently you'll get to hearing the speech in the phone, is
when you make that purchase and the sales person is activating the phone,
and once that's done and while you're still in the store, if you start
working it and you find the phone not being right for you, you would have to
go through doing a return, and having to make a restocking fee. and at my
store that I usually go to he said it would be a restocking fee of $50, when
you haven't even left the store, and in the case of the orbic journey 5, if
that phone was more phone than I wanted sort of like the etalk, I would have
to begin the return process and pay $50 for the restocking of a $100 phone,
and I haven't even left the store. The etalk we purchased from walmart and
of course since it was a prepaid phone it was just in the box and it was
only $25, so we took a chance on it, but it's set up seems a bit complicated
and something to get use too, and I'm going to work on figuring it out, not
that I won't. but I don't think I want to spend money on another phone like
that now. Anyway, I'm really hoping that the sales person or manager from
both stores will work with you and your husband, so he can try the phones
out.