[Electronics-Talk] best flip phone and why

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 30 19:52:52 UTC 2019

Lauren, if you are looking to do as much with your phone as possible, or any
number of these things I've listed here, including for phone calls, texting,
emailing, using the calendar, calculator, making recordings with the sound
recorder, using the world clock, timer, stop watch, and possibly some other
things, too me, the lg exalt which is a 4g phone is the best flip phone,
which is for verizon. I don't know if the exalt is used with any of the
other carriers, as the kyozera dura xv is used by sprint as well, but for
sprint it's called the duramax. so far it seems that verizon's kyozera
cadence, kyozera dura xv and the lg exalt are amoungst the best flip phones.
The z t e flip phones and the alcatel phones even though these phones have
the text to speech, the set up of the  phone is not good for anyone that
would like to write text messages and type in their own contacts.
Unfortunately the symbols don't speak. Both the z t e flip phones and the
alcate flip phones are used for some different carriers. For example the
alcatel is used with verizon, t-mobile, a t & t, consumer cellular and
possibly some other carriers. Z t e phones is used with t-mobile and verizon
that I know of. So it depends     to anyone of us, what that ideal phone
would be to us. While I'm going to tell you some details about some of these
phones that I know about, for me, while the most important thing to me is
having a phone that I could easily dial a phone number and receive phone
calls and hear the caller id. To add to that I really love when I could work
some or all the items in the tools area of the phone. There's 2 kyozera dura
xv phones, the 3g which I have, and the 4g model. I haven't been able to see
the 4g dura xv phone. I've got to find a store that has it. The verizon
store that I usually go to no longer has it. From what I've heard the dura
xv is set up very much like the cadence phone. Since I have the cadence
phone, I could tell you about how it is. With the cadence phone when you go
to dial a number, the best way I could say it is that it's a bit frustrating
until you get use to it, and then again it might be something you don't want
to get use too. When dialing a digit of a phone number, if you don't dial
the second digit fast enough, the voice wants to read you the main screen,
for example, left soft key and so on. But if you don't find that confusing
or annoying, you can dial numbers easily enough. The cadence has the caller
id. texting can be done on this phone, and you could even read your message
before you send it. The items that are the most accessible and set up well
enough to use are  the notepad, sound recorder, and world clock. The regular
calculater is unusable due to whenever you press any digits, the phone
continues to read the calculator screen. Either setting an alarm in the
alarm clock or setting up an advent in the calendar, while it's doable it's
painstaking due to when you're  arrowing up and down to get the number hour
you need, for example, the number just changes once. For example if in
setting the alarm it's on 5:00, and you want to change it to 8, when you
arrow down to 6 you'll here 6, arrowing down once more being on 7 the
phone's voice says 6 again, and arrowing down again to 8, the phone's voice
says 6. So knowing this about the phone you would keep track of the times
you're arrowing down to get to the right hour number you need. When you've
got the alarm set that's when you hear wether it's all correct. I don't know
if the dura xv is set up any better than the cadence, but if at all possible
it's good when you could   work the phone in the store before you even
consider buying it, if in the store they have it out on the counter in the
store as a demo phone. More and more lately I've been hearing about how in a
number of the stores, they don't have the flip phones out as demos on the
counter so therefor you couldn't completely check out how the phones are set
up.
The lg exalt phone, is the best  set up flip phone out of the  flip phones
that I know of. You could easily dial phone numbers, and the exalt has the
caller id. writing a text on the exalt is great, since you could read what
you wrote in your message so far or read the message before you send it.
With arrowing right or left, you could easily corect any mis spelled words,
by back spacing on any wrong letters and typing the 1 or 2 right letters.
I couldn't seem to corect any mispelled words in a text message written with
the cadence.  I can use just about all the items in the tools area of the lg
exalt, of which that's the second of 2 locations for the voice command. The
voice recorder is very easy to record with. In fact I found that you could
close the phone when you're recording. It's very easy and set up
impressively well,  in setting up an event in the calendar and also setting
the alarm clock. In either one the calendar or setting an alarm  in the
alarm clock,you would press the left soft key for setting the time.  for
example in the alarm clock, once you press the left soft key to set, the
phone's voice will  say enter hour, and you would arrow up or down for the
right hour number, then when you arrow right it will say enter minute, if
you arrow right again it will say am and if you need pm just arrow down
once. In either the calendar or typing someone's birthday in a contact for
that person, it's the same, with pressing left soft key for set, the phone's
voice says enter month, and arrow up or down for the right month, after
getting the right month, than arrow right and it will sayenter day, and
after arrowing up or down for the number of the date, arrowing right again
it will say enter year, arrow up or down for the right year. It's so easy to
use the calendar and alarm clock the way it's et up. I also enjoy using the
calculator in the lg exalt. One of the neatest things about it, after you've
done your calculation and your pess the center soft key for the answer,
before it gives you the answer it will repeat your calculations and then
give you the answer. Using the notepad is easy  to use, I have a shopping
list in my notepad area, and it's hahndy  to write down any other
information. You can go into the browser on both phones, but it seems a
little easier navigating on the cadence's browser. Then again maybe I just
need to work on getting more use to the browser on the exalt. You could set
up email on both these flip phones. The only drawback is, that  I don't know
if it  isn't capable of reading the body of a message. One thing that works
easily even though usually I can't read the body of the message with either
of these phones, If I send alink to a web site in an email to the phone I
could press the center soft key and it will enter on the link to the web
site and open it in the browser. There's some different phone features in
both phones for call blocking, setting up speed dial numbers and some other
things.We haven't gotten to the stores yet so we haven't tried out any of
the other new phones. As soon as we do I'll send another message about what
they are like.If anyone does know what the orbic journey is like, or if you
know more about the 4g dura xv let us know, and we're still going to check
out the consumer cellular phones.From what I know sprint has the kyozera
dura xv except that they call it the duramax, both verizon and sprint sell
the phone for about $270. The dura xv and the dura max are the rugged flip
phones and these phones are waterproof, meaning that they are very sturdily
made and a little thicker than the other flip phones.
For my question if anyone knows, I was reading that in dallas, texas and
some other cities, they are begining with 5g phones, does anyone know of any
5g flip phones? I was just wondering, though we'll be able to use our 4 g
phones for a good while.

Arlene