[Electronics-Talk] Vote by mail, electronic voting, and printing

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Apr 23 14:11:24 UTC 2020

This is basically a printing question for anyone living in a state that uses
vote by mail.

Our NFB national leadership is recommending an electronic alternative to
vote by mail, which would make voting accessible to us blind people.  The
person votes, then prints the completed ballot, signs it, and sends it off.

I don't own a printer, because I very seldom need to print anything.  If I
do, I put whatever it is on a flash drive, take it over to my nearby UPS
store, and have them print it.  Will this method work for the ballot
printing, or does the person have to print it direct from the website?

My state is rushing to do vote by mail, and it's all pretty confusing to me
(and lots of other people). But I might be getting an electronic ballot
within a couple weeks, so I'm trying to figure out the methods I need to
use.

Tracy