[Electronics-Talk] SiriusXM, Has Anyone Reached Out?

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 6 20:25:48 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

	I'd be curious to know if anyone from the NFB has contacted SiriusXM
concerning these issues. Perhaps it's time we blitzed them to make them
aware of our concerns and to suggest some awesome enhancements. They've done
a great job making it possible to call up specific channels using smart
speakers. It would be great if they could work with Apple, Google, Amazon,
Microsoft, , and others to enable you to use SiriusXM with personal digital
assistants. For that matter how about allowing you to be able to call up
these channels with Jaws, NVDA or other screen readers. Being able to launch
Internet radio and tv channels with just a screen reader would be wonderful
provided you have the service apps installed on your device and you have an
active account and are logged into the app or service. This would be another
way to make using apps and services with a screen reader more simpler and
would help improve their accessibility for blind customers.

Peter Donahue