[Electronics-Talk] exercise equipment with touch screen electronics

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:32:23 UTC 2020

Does anyone know about some of the modern exercise equipment at a lot of
gyms now?
Treadmills, recumbent bicycles, elliptical machines, etc.

It sure seems like there ought to be some rather simple solutions to get
them operating in an accessible way.
Of course no one at my gym has much to offer. But the manufacturers, surely
they have heard from some blind folk.

I have had some folks show me enough to get started, and if there is
anything tactical,  I can get by alright, by memorizing  a few sequences.
But also, some now, they will have the "Go" button on a flat touchscreen.
And, as to the programming features, there are a myriad of menu systems and
so on, from what I can discern.

I can get more specific with model and brand names, but one company is
Precor, I think.

If anyone has found home equipment that they like, I'd be interested in
hearing about that, too. The monthly memberships are geared for those above
my bracket, it seems.

Thanks.
Rik