[Electronics-Talk] Xbox Usability, Fire TV

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon May 25 18:21:04 UTC 2020

Happy Memorial Day everyone,

We'll be buying a new TV next week due to the picture on our old one going
out. We got lots of use out of it and managed to make Roku work for us. It's
not the best where accessibility is concerned  particularly that god-awful
Roku voice.

                We've been shopping and discovered that a number of HDTV
models include Alexa who is far better sounding than Roku so will probably
go for a model that includes it. Some models we examined include Amazon's
Fire TV. Does that work withAlexa as well? We have several Amazon apps we
installed such as Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Music which contain lots of
content we bought over these past 3 years. If anyone has used   TV models
with Alexa and Fire TV your suggestions will be very much appreciated.

                We also use Apple TV and found the audio and video quality
far better than that of Roku. We just took delivery of a second desktop on
which I'm writing this message. With the tv down I've discovered the video
offerings in the Microsoft store and bought several of them. Since the
Microsoft Store has offerings not available via Amazon or Apple having an
Xbox on which to watch them is being considered.

I also discovered that Sirius XM is easier to use if accessed via the
Microsoft Store than through Apple or Roku. Assuming SiriusXM can be used
via the Xbox having more than one tv appliance will be helpful.

                For any Xbox users here we want to know if there are models
that include a version of Microsoft Narator or another way to use it with
speech? Any other issues to consider will also be helpful. I know that the
Xbox began life as a gaming consolle but now has the capability to allow one
to watch movies and tv shows. Your helpful suggestions will be very much
appreciated.

Peter Donahue