[Electronics-Talk] phones & other questions

Gary Lee kb9zuv at arrl.net
Sun May 31 13:48:57 UTC 2020

can’t speak to phones, but shortwave radios do exist.
not 100% accessible, but most major functions are usable. what you will have trouble with are the timing and memory functions.

if you can still find one, the sony icf-2010  is still in my opinion the best portable produced in the last 30 years.
if you can’t find one of those, the eton e1, sony icf-7600gr, texon pl-660, are all good receivers.  the tenon suffers from some quality control issues, but if you get a good one you’ll be happy with it.

for reviews, try radiojayallen.com

also the radioshack dx440, dx390, and dx398 are all good units, though used.

any other questions, ask away.