[Electronics-Talk] Samsung or Sony

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun May 31 21:48:18 UTC 2020

Good afternoon everyone,

	Next Friday we'll be buying a new HDTV. We had a Sharp TV for the
past 3 years. We lost picture about 3 weeks ago but still have sound. Geek
Squad checked it out and told us it would be best to buy a new tv. After
exploring TV offerings on Best Buy's Website we've narrowed our brand
choices down to Samsung and Sony. Right now our preferred choice is Sony.
Our home theatre is a Sony products and has served us well since 2006. Sony
products have a reputation for quality.

	We're glad to know that both brands have voice input and output via
Alexa, Google Voice, and Voice assist. The Sharp TV we currently own has
Roku and uses the Roku Audio Reader which has some of the poorest quality
speech around. I have not heard of any efforts to urge Roku to make
improvements to the voice quality and usability of the Roku Interface. A new
TV with a better sounding voice will be very much welcome as well as the
ability to issue voice commands a feature not available on the Sharp TV. .

	Any feedback concerning these two models and their use with speech
input and output will be most welcome. All the best.

Peter Donahue