[Electronics-Talk] digital TV Accessibility

tina sohl tinabir80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:33:16 UTC 2020

Thanks Ray for explaining the differences. Our stick's new, so when it needs to be replaced, we'll see.

Sent From My Fire Tablet

On October 25, 2020, at 8:02 PM, Raymond Foret Jr via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

As for the AT&T service, can’t speak as to that.

As for the differences between the FireStick and the Cube, The cube has 16GB memory and the non 4K FireStick has only 8GB.  This tends to cause the stick to slow down rather badly especially when you’re trying to navigate real fast.  Most likely, the 16GB 4K FireStick would be snappier but why not go all the way with the upgrade.  You’ll have fewer crashes on the cube too.  At first though, the cube takes a lot more updating when you first install it but it’s totally worth it.  You will need your own HDMI cable if you’re going to use the cube But I happen to think the cube is the way I should have gone to start with.

I will never apologize for my Whiteness, my Catholicism or my Southernness

Sent from the first computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:

Sincerely,

The constantly barefooted Ray