[Electronics-Talk] Under desk bike recommendation

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 2 16:41:12 UTC 2021

I recently bought the Stamina in Motion Compact Strider from Amazon for $125.  I think there's a similar machine that's a little cheaper.  It is one of those exercise machines one can use either standing up or sitting down.  I have a low key tray  on my desk, so I can't move my knees up and down very far, so I can't use my machine there, but I do use it while sitting in my armchair.
It has a little screen that shows calories, steps, etc, but I can't read it.  I don't really care about it, because I know I'm moving and that's what counts.
It has a wheel to adjust resistance.  The wheel clicks and is easy to use.  There are no other settings.
I chose the machine because it's small enough to sit in a corner and not be in the way, and light enough for me to move it around wherever I want it.
It's small, and the balance is a bit tricky standing on it, so I always put it near something I can grab on to.  It's quiet enough that I can easily listen to TV or whatever while I'm using it.
Tracy