[Electronics-Talk] New Wave:

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Jan 12 16:57:59 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have a new wave that is a circle, with a plastic stand on the bottom, a metal drip tray/veggie roaster above that, a rack that can go in both directions, one way putting the cooking surface much closer to the heat than the other, and a dome lid.  The dome lid has a hole in the top that the heating element, which is the part that plugs into the wall, fits into and then tightens.

There heating element has a screen on the left, a keypad in the middle, and 5 extra buttons on the right. I have not learned what the 5 buttons are for, but can forward you how they're labeled if you'd like.

When I use it, I position the rack in either the up position, which is closer to the top/heat; or the down position, which is further away and cooks things more slowly. I then place meet (frozen is fine), on the grill and some veggies in the tray underneith. and then put the dome on top, making sure it seats properly.

I then consult my handy dandy cheet sheet, attached to this email, to determine how long to cook meet on each side.

On the keypad, I then enter the star key, the number of minutes to cook, and the pound key.

I then take off the dome, placing it in the special holding rack that came for the purpose, and then flip the meet.  Then put the dome back and enter the time for the second side.

I hope this is helpful.  If you have questions, let me know!

Jim