[Electronics-Talk] book apps accessibility with mobile devices and Alexa devices

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 25 23:41:02 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I am aware of the NLS library app called Bard. But, I wanted to know what other mainstream books you use. Can you access them with a screen reader on your IOS or android mobile device? How about Alexa devices?
I only know Overdrive from the public library is accessible so far. I noticed a few buttons were unlabeled using Voice Over On IOS, but its definitely usable.

In particular, can you download books and stream these services:

·        Scribd

·        Overdrive

·        Hoopla Kids

·        Livribox