[Electronics-Talk] samsung

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at outlook.com
Fri Mar 26 00:04:08 UTC 2021

I don't think it's too hard for an iPhone user to make the switch, but I would make a few suggestions first.

Think about what you do most on your iPhone and make sure you can do those same things on an Android phone. For example, if you're using a braille display with your iPhone the you may not be as satisfied using that display with your Android phone. Also, if you're cutting and pasting from web pages and PDF's a lot then you'll be challenged doing that on an Android phone. Don't take my word for any of this, but make a list of what you do most frequently on your iPhone and the apps you use all of the time and then check with other Android users to see how easy this is to do on an Android phone.

Related to the above, think about what you wish you could do on the iPhone and see if you can do that on an Android phone. You may be willing to give up some things you can do on the iPhone for some things you can only do on Android phones. Examples may include greater control over configuring your home pages, the ability to use different TTS engines, access to SD cards, use of a headphone jack, ability to access your phone's file system and so on.

Keep an open mind. You'll be doing things differently on Android then you will on the iPhone. Somethings may be better and others not. Either way, it'll take some patience as you build up new muscle memory and teach yourself some new habits.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook