[Electronics-Talk] Portable radio

Amanda Lee amandainparadise777 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:22:20 UTC 2021

Oh my ... a bit ironic huh! Yes well I didn't mention the Earthquake we experienced here in Northern Virginia too!

It was surreal as although we occasionally experience mild tremors, I never imagined that a real earthquake would happen in this area.  We all evacuated the office building and I had a laptop with me and although our work WiFi was still online, accessing the webpage of the local CBS affiliate it was a challenge as it took forever for the webpage to load.  There too, cellphone access became very difficult.

Always have a backup plan as when streaming tech isn't accessible, then have a low-tech backup plan such as a portable radio.

BTW: I saw more than one version of the Skywave radio form CCrane on Amazon.  There's a version with aM/FM/Aircraft/Weather and another one that is cool for amateur radio that has shortwave with SSB.