[Electronics-Talk] 6dot Braille Label Maker

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Tue Apr 26 13:16:20 UTC 2022

The slate is a great thing.  It is very portable, and the batteries never run down. I used a slate, for taking notes all the way through school, college, and grad school, including statistics.

People aren't taught the slate properly. I wasn't given a Braille Writer until 3rd or fourth grade, so had to learn the slate well.

Today teachers don't know how to use it, or aren't good, so it is always portrayed as an inferior tool.  It is a tool, just like everything else, and can be quite effective in making labels on dymo tape.

Dave