[Electronics-Talk] internet service providers and data caps

Tom Evans tevans2003 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 17:24:11 UTC 2022

Amanda, I think FiOS is simply the best answer and to get away from Comcast. Bundles, have advantages and disadvantages as in the advantages you pay one bill and they have all your service and respect that and treat you better but the bad news is same as above they’ve got your whole business and hold you hostage thinking you won’t change or move. I agree that they don’t really care and thanks for telling me that they’re at the bottom specializing in customer no service. To finish with a funny after they majorly screwed up my account I had a supervisor in my living room for hours trying to figure out an undo what others have done. He then wasted time on his own customer no service line with a foreign country until he got upgraded to an English-speaking human being and the two supervisors then figured it out after several hours were lost. My win was that they lowered the price that they artificially raised and then two months later they raise the price again.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 28, 2022, at 6:16 AM, Elizabeth Campbell via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> HI Amanda,
>
> I don't have the services you mentioned, but I am using T-Mobile's 5G
> Internet which is $55 a month. I don't remember the download/upload speeds,
> but I have plenty of band width for Zoom calls, Google Meet and my YouTube
> TV service. You do need to be close to cell towers for the service to work.
> I also stream music quite a bit, and never have any problem. You may want
> to check that out.
>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 7:42 AM Amanda Lee via Electronics-Talk <
>> electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm dumping Comcast because for budget reasons, I need to remove certain
>> services but what I was offered from Comcast was like a real insult and it
>> was about $25 more than what I would pay for Verizon FIOS and Comcast was
>> only offering me about 20MB down for $117 and I can get Verizon FIOS
>> gigabit for $89 plus tax.  Comcast doesn't really care if they lose your
>> business either.  Comcast customer service has been rated the lowest for
>> consecutive years as well.
>>
>> I realize that everyone doesn't have access to FIOS and I should never
>> have left but I wanted a bundle.  Bundles really aren't what they used to
>> be in terms of offering one the advantage of paying less overall for
>> subscribing to more than one service from the provider.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/dhunthau
>>> sen%40