[Electronics-Talk] Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, August 11, 2022 - Volume 871

Top Tech Tidbits enews at toptechtidbits.com
Thu Aug 11 08:01:11 UTC 2022

Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, August 11, 2022 - Volume 871 Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, August 11, 2022 - Volume 871 The Week's News in Adaptive Technology https://toptechtidbits.com/ A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication https://mvsltd.com/ Top Tech Tidbits is the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology. Web Version: Read this volume of Top Tech Tidbits online at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2022/08112022/. Share: Share this volume of Top Tech Tidbits on Facebook: http://bit.ly/sharetidbits871. Spam Filter: You have received this email from Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. because you are subscribed to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. To ensure that you continue to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter please be sure to add the following email address to your Address Book, Email Contact List, Trusted Sender's List, and/or Safe Sender's List today: enews at toptechtidbits.com. Subscribers: 7,400 opt-in subscribers were sent this issue via email. 133 Premium Subscribers were sent this issue via email. This Week's Featured Advertisement: Find All Your Accessible, Educational and Fun Back-to-School Supplies at Blind in Mind, The Braille Superstore Missing a few essential school supplies? Whether you're a teacher or parent of blind children, we've got the tools and gadgets to make class go smoothly all year. Check out our Teachers Corner for audible balls, tactile craft supplies, innovative Braille learning and writing gear, adapted math aids, accessible recorders, educational games and boredom busters. Oh, and did we mention our growing selection of 2,000+ Braille books for all ages? If you're a university student headed back to campus, or a blind professional wanting to up your game, we've got you covered, too. Our compilation of Bestselling Products includes talking clocks and watches, Braille gifts, family card and board games, accessible kitchen and bathroom tools, creative labeling and marking solutions ... The list goes on. Finally, visit our Gifts for Grandparents showcase for thoughtful, practical or useful gifts for those seniors in your life. After all, they've given so much for so long that it's time to return the favor! Learn more today at: http://www.braillebookstore.com/. Dear Rolando, 1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last Week A.) Reader Review: Ice Cube Trays With Covers (5.7% of all clicks.) Courtesy of Donna Jodhan, Top Tech Tidbits Reader: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/105.html B.) For Readers With Qualifying Print Disabilities: Downloading Books From The Internet Archive | David Goldfield | Tech-VI List (5.4% of all clicks.) Some really great information on this topic from David Goldfield himself: https://groups.io/g/tech-vi/message/2417 C.) Winamp 5.9 RC1 Has Been Released (5.1% of all clicks.) Last year, we reported that Winamp would be making a comeback soon. Well, it's here. Winamp 5.9 RC1 has been released. This is the first update for the popular music player since Winamp 5.8 beta, that was released in 2018. Learn what's new and what's in store: https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/29/winamp-5-9-rc1-has-been-released/ D.) The Tongue: How One Of The Body's Most Sensitive Organs Is Helping Blind People 'See' (4.3% of all clicks.) Ever wondered why kissing feels better than holding hands? The tongue is a pretty incredible piece of kit, though notoriously difficult to study, due to its position inside the mouth. Obviously, it gives us access to the wonderful world of taste, but more than that, it has greater sensitivity to touch than the fingertip. Without it, we aren't able to speak, sing, breathe efficiently or swallow delicious beverages. So why don't we use it even more? My new study investigates how to make the most of this strange organ — potentially as an interface to help people with visual impairments navigate and even exercise:: https://theconversation.com/the-tongue-how-one-of-the-bodys-most-sensitive-organs-is-helping-blind-people-see-182441 E.) Everything New With Siri and Dictation in iOS 16 (3.9% of all clicks.) This guide outlines everything that's new with Siri, plus details on the updates to Dictation: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/ios-16-siri/ 2) Top Tech Tidbits Welcomes That Real Blind Tech Show Please join us in offering a warm Tidbits welcome to That Real Blind Tech Show, who has so very graciously agreed to support the distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication via sponsorship for the next three months. That Real Blind Tech Show is a podcast discussing the good & bad of assistive technology for the low vision & totally blind. No longer focused on just Apple VoiceOver technology, That Real Blind Tech show covers all the fantastic talking tech and gadgets out there for the low vision and blindness community. Common topics include Apple's VoiceOver, JAWS, Microsoft Narrator, NVDA, Amazon Alexa and VoiceView, Google Assistant and Android. Basically, if a device can talk to you, they're going to be talking about it. That Real Blind Tech Show will not only educate you, but it will also make you laugh. Listeners are encouraged not to use treadmills or drink hot coffee while listening to the show, or accidents can and have occurred. Dishes have been broken while listening to That Real Blind Tech Show, and while they are responsible for the laughs, they are in no way responsible for the injuries or bills that pile up. Remember to keep it real, and don't believe anything you hear on That Real Blind Tech Show: https://blindtechshow.com/ 3) Top Tech Tidbits Publisher Updates for August 11th 2022 Updates this week include: Top Tech Tidbits Mailing List Scam Going Around. Important Information You Should Know | Full House. No More Sponsorship Packages Available. Important Note For All Current And Future Sponsors: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/107.html 4) Top Tech Tidbits Editor Alex Marositz And The San Gabriel Valley Panthers Beep Baseball Team Interviewed By NBC on The Today Show | Listen or watch here: https://www.nbc.com/today/video/how-beep-baseball-helps-the-visually-impaired-play-ball/NBCN164869873 5) Top Tech Tidbits Click-To-Vote Quick Poll #871 | Sponsored By Dolphin Computer Access Question: As someone who uses a screen reader or screen magnifier (or both) at work, what was the main driver to determine which assistive technology product(s) you use in the workplace? A.) I determined what tech I would use based on what I was already using and comfortable with. Click-To-Vote Link: https://bit.ly/ttt-poll871-a B.) My organization's IT / Technical Team researched magnification and/or screen readers that would best fit within the organization's technical infrastructure and network. Click-To-Vote Link: https://bit.ly/ttt-poll871-b C.) The person responsible for purchasing my accommodation decided based on cost. Click-To-Vote Link: https://bit.ly/ttt-poll871-c Poll Link: https://bit.ly/ttt-poll871 6) JAWS Power Tip: JAWS Settings for Specific Web Pages Courtesy of Freedom Scientific: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/109.html 7) Dolphin SuperNova with Microsoft Office Power Tip: Reviewing The Header Information in a Received Outlook Message Courtesy of Dolphin Computer Access: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/108.html 8) Table Top Role Play Gaming Community Have you ever been interested in Table Top Role Play Gaming, such as Dungeons and Dragons, but hesitant to give it a shot or didn't know how? Knights of the Braille is a community of blind, visually impaired, and sighted individuals who welcome everyone. We meet on Discord and the developers are aware of screen reader users, but check us out for yourself: https://knightsofthebraille.com/ 9) Online Workshop: Learn About Leasey: Introduction to Leasey and Using Leasey Select to Easily Select, Copy and Cut Text | August 19th 2022 | David Goldfield If you are a user of either JAWS or Fusion I would suggest that Leasey from Hartgen Consultancy is a program that you might want to consider using. It adds over sixty additional features and functions to JAWS. Users who are very new to using a computer or who may have cognitive challenges are sure to appreciate Leasey Basic which includes a consistent menu interface for accessing commonly used programs and tasks. Leasey Basic also includes friendly context- sensitive help. When using Leasey Basic the menus along with the context-sensitive help are spoken in a pleasant, human voice. Learn more at: https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2022/08/07/online-workshop-from-david-goldfield-learn-about-leasey-introduction-to-leasey-and-using-leasey-select-to-easily-select-copy-and-cut-text-friday-august-19-800-pm-eastern-time/ 10) BlindShell News: Alexa, Aira, Google Lookout and WhatsApp Now Available on the BlindShell Classic 2 Our team of developers continue to work around the clock to expand the BlindShell App Library (apps) with the new and exciting applications with one goal in mind. Provide greater independence for individuals living with sight loss conditions: https://blindshellusa.com/?mc_cid=5d720f1e19&mc_eid=6aedce6a9e 11) Blind Android Users Podcast Now Available on Rumble in Addition to YouTube YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/blindandroidusers Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1771031 12) Microsoft Edge Dev Improves Accessibility With Narrator Improvements Edge Dev Insiders have a new build to pick up that improves the browser's accessibility: https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/browsing/microsoft-edge-dev-improves-accessibility-with-narrator-improvements 13) 5 Empowering Microsoft Narrator Alternatives for Visually Impaired Windows Users If Narrator isn't making the cut for you, try an alternative accessibility tool for Windows instead: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-narrator-alternatives/ 14) Survey: Do You Find It Helpful When People Describe Themselves During Meetings Or At Conferences? Karen McCall has put together a short survey on whether someone should describe themselves in online meetings. Some of the arguments against this practice are that it takes up too much time, many people who are blind don't feel comfortable trying to describe themselves, and there is the issue of body confidence and body shaming among other posts and discussions. She says, "I've created a two-question anonymous survey to get feedback on whether the practice is helpful and collect any comments (good or bad) about the practice. I will be publishing the results so make sure there is no identifying information in your responses:" https://forms.office.com/r/Qj5uCZNRTG 15) The Latest Video Game Controller Isn't Plastic. It's Your Face. Enabled Play is a device that promises to learn to work with a user's facial expression, speech commands, and other motions in interact with videogame systems. It has many other possible applications too: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/08/01/enabled-play-accessibility-device-video-games/ 16) Oxford University Press (OUP) Digitizes Thousands Of Titles To Improve Accessibility Of Research The publisher said it has migrated more than 42,000 books and 500,000 chapters to its Oxford Academic digital platform, which already hosts 500 journals and three million journal articles: https://www.thebookseller.com/news/oup-digitises-thousands-of-titles-to-improve-accessibility-of-research 17) New Series of LeaseyBites Has Started | Hartgen Consultancy The new series of LeaseyBites has started. Episodes are available here: https://www.hartgen.org/leaseybites You can also subscribe to a podcast feed of LeaseyBites, available in the iTunes store or here: https://pinecast.com/feed/leaseybites 18) TeamViewer Quick Support: A Workaround For The TeamViewer Screen Reader Accessibility Challenges | David Goldfield Many of us who use AIRA are familiar with the TeamViewer application. This gives AIRA agents the ability to remotely access and, if needed, control our computers. This is extremely convenient when we encounter accessibility challenges which require a bit of assistance from a trusted sighted agent. When opening TeamViewer we need to navigate to the fields which contain the TeamViewer partner ID and password to provide to the agent. In the past these edit fields were easily readable with screen readers. Lately, however, these edit fields became inaccessible. There are some workarounds to get around this, such as using the screen reader's speech history feature to review what was spoken, but this method isn't as convenient. The speech history feature is built into JAWS and can be used by installing an optional NVDA add-on: https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2022/08/10/teamviewer-quicksupport-a-workaround-for-the-teamviewer-screen-reader-accessibility-challenges/ 19) WordPress Accessibility Day | November 2nd 2022 | 24-Hour Online Event | Seeking Speakers WordPress Accessibility Day is a free, 24-hour online event scheduled to start at 15:00 UTC (11:00 US Eastern, 8:00 US Pacific) on Wednesday, November 2nd. The conference will be held virtually so you can present from anywhere worldwide. Here are some other important things to know about speaking at WordPress Accessibility Day: We will provide an accessible speaking experience — the presentation platform will be screen reader-friendly, and we will have captions and sign language interpretation available for speakers as needed. You don't have to have speaking experience! We would love to have first-time speakers present and can support you in presenting as needed. You don't have to be an "expert" or have any special certifications. Anyone with something to share related to accessibility on the web or in WordPress is invited to apply. You can share your journey learning about accessibility or your experience as a person with a disability even if you don't think you've reached the end of that journey yet. Your topic doesn't have to be explicitly WordPress related. While we want some talks specific to WordPress and want to encourage developer-level presentations, not all talks need to be specific to WordPress. General website accessibility talks with broad applications for websites of all types and people of all levels of technical abilities are welcome. If you have an idea for a talk to share your knowledge or experiences about the intersection of WordPress and accessibility, we'd love to hear it: https://wpaccessibility.day/weekend-plans-apply-to-speak-at-wp-accessibility-day/ 20) New Slack Updates To Make Your Digital HQ More Accessible And Equitable Introducing new ways for users with disabilities to get the most out of Slack: https://slack.com/blog/news/slack-updates-accessible-equitable 21) Working With Citations and Bibliographies in Microsoft Word Using NVDA | YouTube | Thee Quinn In this video I show you how to insert and update citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word with NVDA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1GixLTX1I 22) 63 Best Google Docs Keyboard Shortcuts Improve your workflow by using keyboard shortcuts for everything. You can even create custom shortcuts that work best for you. Shortcuts work on every app and system, from your Word document to the Windows interface. Many of them also stay the same no matter what program you're using. This article focuses on learning the best keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/google-softwaretips/63-best-google-docs-keyboard-shortcuts/ 23) Here's Your Summer Reading List of Free eBooks For centuries, libraries have offered access to the printed wisdom (and folly) of humanity, but only to "authorized personnel" in the beginning. Most people had to travel and pay for books, and that was hard on budgets. But now the Internet makes available more good books, old and new, than one person can read in a lifetime. Ready to curl up in your favorite chair (or at the beach) with a good page turner? Here are some places where you can find quality reads free of charge: https://askbobrankin.com/heres_your_summer_reading_list_free_ebooks.html 24) How to Enable Reader Mode in Google Chrome and Firefox Chrome and Firefox both come with a reader mode to help declutter pages. Here's how to use the feature in both browsers: https://www.makeuseof.com/enable-reader-mode-chrome-firefox/ 25) Google Search Tools Students Often Overlook The default action for students to take when given a research task is to turn to Google. Unfortunately, many students won't venture much beyond the first couple of pages of Google.com results pages before declaring, "I can't find anything about this." But as Dan Russell reminds us in The Joy of Search, good search often requires the use of multiple tools. To that end, Google offers search tools beyond just Google.com. Unfortunately, students won't use those tools unless they know that those tools exist and how to use them. Here are some of the Google search tools that students often overlook: https://www.freetech4teachers.com/2022/08/google-search-tools-students-often.html 26) Participate In An Upcoming Google Research Study The Fitbit team is inviting people with only one functional biological arm for a new study (US residents only). If you're interested, learn more and sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8Rqt-0ArQywc1IYdSsHsTMqglVFpgqAghlOhB8iFa-sDGrg/viewform 27) Accessibility Options For The Peloton Tread Including Using Talkback Peloton offers information describing how to use Talkback on their Peloton Tread: https://support.onepeloton.com/hc/en-gb/articles/7290834742036-Peloton-Tread-Accessibility-TalkBack-Screen-Reader 28) Ecobee Smart Thermostat Enhanced vs. Nest Thermostat: Is Ecobee or Nest the Best? Is Ecobee's model worth the extra bucks? Let's find out: https://www.cnet.com/home/energy-and-utilities/ecobee-smart-thermostat-enhanced-vs-nest-thermostat-is-ecobee-or-nest-the-best/#ftag=CAD590a51e 29) What Is Apple Arcade? Should You Subscribe? | Wired Exclusive games and freedom from ads and in-app purchases make this subscription worth trying. We break down the cost, features, and highlights: https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-apple-arcade/ 30) 21 Home Theater Maintenance Tips and Tricks This slightly off-topic but incredibly thorough article comes to us from a Top Tech Tidbits reader. Whether it's the vibration from the speakers themselves or just general movement, the screws that hold together the drivers (woofer & tweeter) can actually loosen over time unbeknownst to most. This can cause distortion from the driver vibrating against the cabinet, which can typically be heard in the form of some kind of rattling or buzzing. Ultimately this results in a muddy and stifled sound. So to fix this, and ideally prevent this, there's 2 things you can do: https://easyhometheater.net/home-theater-maintenance-tips-tricks ➜ Press Releases and Other News ✍ Submit your adaptive technology-related Press Release or news item for consideration within this section using this form: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or locate "Tidbit Submission Form" within the main menu of the Top Tech Tidbits website. 1) BlindShell Partners with Aira to Debut Aira App on Award-Winning BlindShell Classic 2 Mobile Phone BlindShell and Aira have announced the integration of the Aira app for live, on-demand visual interpreting with the BlindShell Classic 2 accessible cell phone, which combines a tactile keypad, voice control, and a high-volume speaker for flexibility and ease in operation, eliminating the barriers to communication found in traditional cell phones with touchscreen navigation. The Aira app connects those with vision loss to professionally trained visual interpreters, called Agents, who read documents, assist with navigation, access computers remotely, and provide any other visual information needed to accomplish a task: https://blindshellusa.com/in-the-news/ 2) Pottery Barn Launches Accessible Furniture Line "The Accessible Home" collection includes bestselling pieces from Pottery Barn's regular lineup that have been tweaked to be more accessible. Chairs have been adapted to offer a lift function while tables, desks and other items have been adjusted to the appropriate height to roll up in a wheelchair. There are also grab bars, non-slip rugs, unbreakable plates and other tabletop products, adjustable beds, mirrors that pivot and more: https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2022/07/28/pottery-barn-launches-accessible-furniture-line/29964/ 3) FTA Issues NOFO For Rail Station Accessibility Program The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) issued a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for $343 million available through the All-Stations Accessibility Program (ASAP), which is one of four new programs established under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) that was signed into law in November 2021: https://www.masstransitmag.com/rail/infrastructure/article/21275331/fta-issues-nofo-for-rail-station-accessibility-program 4) Q&A: Jill Bateman Makes Online Accessibility A Priority At Ohio University Here is an interview with Jill Bateman, digital accessibility coordinator, at Ohio University: https://edtechmagazine.com/higher/article/2022/08/qa-jill-bateman-makes-online-accessibility-priority-ohio-university?amp 5) Google Glass Helps Kids With Autism Read Facial Expressions Wearing a device that identifies other people's facial expressions can help children with autism develop better social skills, a Stanford pilot study has demonstrated: https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2018/08/google-glass-helps-kids-with-autism-read-facial-expressions.html 6) Uber Receives ADA Complaint Over Drivers' Refusal to Transport Guide Dog A blind Florida resident sued Uber Technologies Inc. for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) violations relating to its drivers' refusal to transport the plaintiff because of his guide dog. The Southern District of Florida complaint argues that the discrimination the plaintiff has experienced is the fault of the company for failing to train its drivers even after notification of the recurring problem: https://lawstreetmedia.com/news/tech/uber-receives-ada-complaint-over-drivers-refusal-to-transport-guide-dog/ 7) Libraries Can Now Share Thoughts And Recommendations With Libby Overdrive Libby has just gained new functionality for libraries to share thoughts, quotes, trivia and recommendations. Shelf Talkers provides a new space for each library to showcase their curatorial expertise and knowledge through personal notes to patrons within the Libby app. Shelf Talkers in Libby allow librarians to connect with readers by recommending titles, providing interesting facts about a title or author, showing curators' personalities and adding more library-specific flavor to their Libby collection: https://goodereader.com/blog/digital-library-news/libraries-can-now-share-thoughts-and-recommendations-with-libby 8) Adaptive Sports, Support For Visually-Impaired Hoosiers | YouTube A nonprofit called Bosma provides services for people in Indiana who are blind of visually impaired: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_8KEXUbJc 9) Our Story: U.S. Association of Blind Athletes USABA was founded by Dr. Charles Buell in 1976 with the purpose of improving the lives of people who are blind and visually impaired. That year, 27 young men and women were selected to represent the United States in the first Olympiad for the Disabled in Toronto, Canada. As a result of this Olympic involvement, a group of national leaders, educators and coaches of the visually impaired met to discuss the need for an organization to structure, promote and sponsor competitions for people who are blind and visually impaired throughout the United States: https://www.usaba.org/about/our-story/ 10) South Western Railway Leads The Way In Sight Loss Trial In an industry first, South Western Railway has embarked on a trial of new, cutting-edge technology which enables people with sight loss to navigate train stations with greater ease: https://www.winchestertoday.co.uk/2022/08/swr-leads-the-way-in-sight-loss-trial/ 11) Texas A&M Team Translates Thousands Of Pages Of Math Into Braille A Texas A&M University Disability Resources team is dedicated to ensuring courses are accessible to all Aggie students: https://today.tamu.edu/2022/08/04/texas-am-team-translates-thousands-of-pages-of-math-into-braille/ 12) Riverside-Based Startup's 'Smart' Frames Eye Your Health What started as eye pressure monitoring designed to track a patient's risk of glaucoma — the most common cause of irreversible blindness — expanded to an ocular health care platform called Blink, with a microscopic camera concealed in stylish eyeglass frames: https://riversideca.gov/press/riverside-based-startup%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98smart%E2%80%99-frames-eye-your-health 13) DOJ Announces Intent for Future Website Accessibility Regulations In July 2022, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced its intent to establish new regulations providing technical standards for website accessibility under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): https://www.3playmedia.com/blog/doj-announces-intent-for-future-website-accessibility-regulations/ 14) Kellogg's Trials Code For The Visually Impaired The new code was developed by NaviLens from Spain, where the technology is already in use on public transport, for example. Kellogg's is the first food manufacturer to be using it. "There is a lot of information to be included on packaging. Often even in several languages. This means that everything is written in a small font, which does not make it easy to read. For visually impaired people, it is often even impossible", general manager Luc Houben of Kellogg's Benelux says in Belgian newspaper De Morgen: https://www.retaildetail.eu/news/food/kelloggs-trials-code-visually-impaired-people/ 15) Detroit Students Design Accessible Products, From Menstrual Cycle Apps To Better Walkers From electronics to cookware, many of the products used in everyday life are developed for able-bodied individuals. But what about people who don't have the use of one of their five senses? Students at Detroit's College for Creative Studies (CCS) are coming up with innovative solutions, through design: https://www.modeldmedia.com/features/CCSaccessibleproducts.aspx ➜ Surveys ✍ Submit your adaptive technology-related survey for consideration within this section using this form: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-survey or locate "Survey Submission Form" within the main menu of the Top Tech Tidbits website. 1) Surveys: From APH Surveys help inform APH of the greatest needs in the community so they can gear their efforts toward making sure those needs are met. Ongoing APH surveys can be found here: https://www.aph.org/rd/get-involved/surveys/ 2) Survey: Do You Find It Helpful When People Describe Themselves During Meetings Or At Conferences? Closes: August 19th 2022 Karen McCall has put together a short survey on whether someone should describe themselves in online meetings. Some of the arguments against this practice are that it takes up too much time, many people who are blind don't feel comfortable trying to describe themselves, and there is the issue of body confidence and body shaming among other posts and discussions. She says, "I've created a two-question anonymous survey to get feedback on whether the practice is helpful and collect any comments (good or bad) about the practice. I will be publishing the results so make sure there is no identifying information in your responses:" https://forms.office.com/r/Qj5uCZNRTG 3) Survey: Recruiting Participants For An In-Person Study About Augmenting Landmark Navigation Using Augmented Reality For Individuals With Low Vision Closes: August 31st 2022 The University of Wisconsin-Madison is recruiting participants for an in-person study on the campus. The purpose of this study is to design a landmark-based navigation system using augmented reality (AR) for people with low vision to help them navigate effectively indoor and outdoor. The only requirements for this study are to be 18 years or older, have low vision, and be able to travel to the UW-Madison campus. The study will take roughly two hours to complete with compensation of 20$/hr and reimbursing up to 30$ of travel expenses. Some tasks you will encounter if you participate in the study are navigating several indoor routes around campus, completing a brainstorming session using a Hololens 2 device, and a short interview about your visual condition and AR Experience. If you have any questions, contact information for the research is present on the survey form. https://forms.gle/nekS8N8xSCGwPWw1A 4) Survey: Participate In An Upcoming Google Research Study Closes: August 31st 2022 The Fitbit team is inviting people with only one functional biological arm for a new study (US residents only). If you're interested, learn more and sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8Rqt-0ArQywc1IYdSsHsTMqglVFpgqAghlOhB8iFa-sDGrg/viewform ➜ Featured Podcast Episodes ✍ Submit your adaptive technology-related Podcast Episode for consideration within this section using this form: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-podcast-episode or locate "Podcast Episode Submission Form" within the main menu of the Top Tech Tidbits website. 1) The Impact of Vision Loss on Marriage, Revisited | Hadley Presents | A Conversation With The Experts August 5th 2022 | Karen and Dan Leonetti share how vision loss has changed their relationship and the advice they have for other couples: https://hadley.edu/podcasts/hadley-presents-conversation-experts/impact-vision-loss-marriage-revisited?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Hadley+Presents+-+Episode+61+-+Marriage+Revisited&utm_term=title_link&utm_id=49321&sfmc_id=17577827 2) Mosen at Large Episode 191: National Federation of the Blind President, Mark Riccobono August 6th 2022https://mosenatlarge.pinecast.co/episode/243b20c3/national-federation-of-the-blind-president-mark-riccobono 3) Blind Android Users Podcast Episode 87: Privacy, Permissions - Account Activity, Personal Data, Part Two August 6th 2022 | In this episode we first announce the list of donations received. In our Android Basic section we continue focusing on Privacy Settings and Permission Manager. In our spotlight section we interview the developer of multilingual TTS and unbox the Pixel 6a. In our TalkBack Highlights we focus on the 4th part of the 4 finger gesture: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5iI0uwraRqolmTDlNDhA9SKGeawdcXcu 4) That Real Blind Tech Show Episode 95: Door Detection Is Damn Sexy August 8th 2022 | On this episode Brian, Allison, Jeanine, and David Goldstein discuss iOS 16 beta, door detection, Amazon acquiring Roomba, HBO Max and Discovery Plus merging and what it means for accessibility, and a very special What's Pissing Off Brian Now as he has heard back from the Justice Department after being refused service at a business with his guide dog, and of course it is more of Watcha Streaming, Watcha Reading: https://thatrealblindtechshow.libsyn.com/episode-95-door-detection-is-damn-sexy 5) Eyes on Success Episode 2232: Blind Stand-Up Comedian August 10th 2022 | During the day, Todd Blenkhorn is an I.T. specialist who works at the Canadian National Institute of the Blind. After work, however, Todd performs in local comedy clubs in Toronto. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Todd about getting into comedy and how he integrates some of his experiences as a blind person into his acts: https://www.eyesonsuccess.net/show%20notes/show%20notes%202223.htm 6) Blind Abilities Episode 877: iPhone101: A Deeper Dive — Screen Recording on the iPhone and Other iDevices — It's Not Just For Videos August 10th 2022 | Blind Abilities expands its iPhone101 Series with a follow up episode on a topic which they previously touched upon, but this time they do a "deeper dive". In November of 2021, Pete Lane described the iOS Control Center, and in that review, touched on the iOS screen recording feature. This time, Pete has circled back to cover this feature, but in far greater detail. In this episode: Pete takes a thorough approach toward discussing the entire process of iOS screen recording, beginning with an explanation of what screen recording is, and why we might want to use the iOS screen recording feature. Takes us through the details of where and how to select the screen recording element from our iOS Settings app and add it to the Control Center on our iOS device. Discusses how sensitive our built-in iOS microphones are, and actually demonstrates this by using the built-in mic in an interesting segment of this demonstration, pointing out specific factors which might improve or damage the clarity and quality of your screen recording. These include such issues as your microphone technique, external and ambient sounds and your room conditions: https://blindabilities.com/?p=7537 ➜ Featured Webinars and Training Courses ✍ Submit your adaptive technology-related Webinar or Training Course for consideration within this section using this form: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-webinar-training-course or locate "Webinar / Training Course Submission Form" within the main menu of the Top Tech Tidbits website. 1) What are the Benefits to a Campus, Building, or System-wide License? | Vispero August 11th 2022 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT,11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | In this webinar we will discuss these licensing benefits and host a special guest that will share their reasons for choosing a campus-wide license of Fusion. We will describe the different types of licenses that are offered and the benefits to each of those licenses. We will also briefly cover the differences between ZoomText, JAWS, and Fusion. You won't want to miss this presentation! Learning Objectives: 1. Participants will learn the difference between ZoomText, JAWS, and Fusion. 2. Attendees will discover the benefits of having a multi-user license for their school or campus. 3. Participants will learn about different types of licenses and the benefits to each. Presenters: Michael Wood, Michelle Williams, Douglas Gerry, and Jason Buzzell. Enter to Win $500 Towards a Vispero Product! We'll be choosing one lucky winner to receive $500 towards the product of their choice from Freedom Scientific, Optelec, or Enhanced Vision! This offer is open to U.S. attendees only. You must be present at the time of the drawing to win. ACVREP Credits: ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zwPDKxFPToCa5HGsoFSyCQ 2) AT Update 2022 | Job Accommodation Network August 11th 2022 | 11AM PT, 12AM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | Are you wondering about what's new in the world of assistive technology (AT)? Are you curious about equipment and technology-related accommodation trends? Do you simply have a love of gadgets? Attend this training for an introduction to new and improved products and a discussion of how to apply them as workplace accommodations. JAN Consultants will discuss new accommodation approaches to a variety of accommodation challenges. Presenters: Teresa Goddard , Lead Consultant — Assistive Technology Services. Matthew McCord , Senior Consultant — Motor Team. Christy McCune , Consultant — Sensory Team: https://askjan.org/events/index.cfm?calview=eventdetails&dtid=E7BA29E3-C79D-7B81-5B1AB0D1629406B4 3) Preparing Access Services for Deaf College Students: Tips and Resources | National Deaf Center August 11th 2022 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | Are you a disability services professional coordinating access for deaf students at your college or university? The National Deaf Center has a wide variety of tools and strategies to help create an accessible campus environment for deaf students. This presentation is designed to walk through the initial meeting with deaf students and how to engage in the interactive process that will inform effective accommodations. Presenters will also touch on common accommodations used by deaf students as well as our top tips to prepare for the beginning of the semester. NDC's Help Team specialists will also answer commonly asked questions from participants on implementing accommodations and campus-wide policies and procedures to support effective communication access. Participants will leave with NDC resources designed to support working with a variety of deaf students and communication needs. Interpreters and captioning will be provided for this event. Should you need any additional accommodations please email help at nationaldeafcenter.org ✉ at least three (3) business days prior to event date. Can't make it but have questions about working with interpreters, captionists, assistive listening systems and other accommodations commonly used by deaf students? Contact our Help Team today at help at nationaldeafcenter.org ✉ for support. For more information about this webinar or to register: https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/news/start-your-semester-strong-tips-resources-dss-professionals 4) NaviLens and Apple air Tags | Technology User Group, Maryland State Library August 13th 2022 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Labeling and tracking just got a whole lot easier! Learn how to use these exciting new products. All events are currently being held via teleconference until further notice. No programs will be held in person. Please dial (319) 527-4994 ☎ at 10 AM ET: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx 5) Every Word Counts: Voice And Message Banking For People With ALS | ALS Association August 15th 2022 | 11AM PT, 12PM MT, 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 6PM GMT | Webinar for the ALS community to learn about Voice and Message Banking: https://als-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_H5bqTdslSZq9nTw_4n3wTA 6) SuperNova Everyday Essential Webinar: Making and Editing PowerPoints-Using Connect and View for Presentations August 16th 2022 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Watch the recordings at your leisure or participate live every Tuesday at: https://info.yourdolphin.com/en-us/supernova-everyday-essentials 7) Create Inclusive Customer Experiences: The Basics of Kiosk Accessibility August 17th 2022 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Presenters: Laura Boniello Miller and Traci Murray, Kiosk Accessibility Experts. Creating inclusive and usable experiences does not only apply to your company website or application but also includes digital interfaces one may encounter at a restaurant, healthcare facility, airport, or movie theater, to name a few. More organizations are adopting self-service kiosk technologies to improve their customers' experience in areas such as self-check-in kiosks, self-service lockers, and escape rooms. However, as recent lawsuits suggest, many of these "out of the box" kiosks are not inclusive or usable by people with disabilities. This webinar is focused on helping teams think about creating more accessible and inclusive customer experiences from website to in-person self-serve kiosk engagements. Join Laura Boniello Miller & Traci Murray for this introduction to kiosk accessibility as they discuss the basics of what kiosk deployers should consider before launching their kiosks into the field: https://www.tpgi.com/webinar-august-17-at-12pm-et-create-inclusive-customer-experiences-the-basics-of-kiosk-accessibility/ 8) Video Game Accessibility | Pacer Center | Champions For Children with Disabilities August 17th 2022 | 12PM PT, 1PM MT, 2PM CT, 3PM ET, 7PM GMT | Video games provide an opportunity for social inclusion with an individual's peers, but it can be hard when a lack of accessibility creates barriers. This workshop will showcase a variety of ways video games can be made accessible. Features covered will include Closed Captions and different adaptive devices: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Vwos7JiLRFWNblafwyVPBQ 9) RUBY Handheld Magnifiers: A Vision Solution for Every Situation (ACVREP CE Approved) | Access Ingenuity August 17th 2022 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | Did you know there are five RUBY models to help with your low-vision needs? RUBY handheld video magnifiers provide the help that many people with low vision need to read text and see details. All RUBY models have a crisp, sharp image, high-contrast modes, and built-in LEDs. The streamlined design means RUBY can go with you anywhere, giving you easy access to photos, letters, prescriptions, packaging labels, and menus, even in a dark restaurant. With its broad range of adjustable, undistorted magnification, a RUBY video magnifier outperforms a drawerful of traditional magnifiers. Join Ian Ramos from Access Ingenuity with Joe McDaniel from Vispero to discuss the features and benefits of all the RUBY models and the assistance each can give in specific situations. Note that everybody is welcome and can benefit from this presentation. If you are a teacher of the visually impaired (TVI), this presentation is approved for ACVREP continuing education credit. Learning Outcomes: Features of all RUBY models. How to determine which size is right for you. How adding speech capability can take you further. Meeting ID: 886 6576 5413. Passcode: 174052. One tap mobile: +16699009128,,88665765413#,,,,*174052# US (San Jose) | Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) | Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88665765413?pwd=Q1ZmRzREanBwcVE0V0RBVjRQdUxVdz09#success 10) Back to School with Freedom Scientific, Access Digital Textbooks with JAWS August 18th 2022 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Are you looking for ways to navigate and read textbooks? Join us on Thursday, August 18 at noon Eastern time for a live webinar, "Back to School with Freedom Scientific, Access Digital Textbooks with JAWS." Objectives: In this session, you'll learn how to: Open DAISY books using FSReader. Search for and download books on Bookshare. Open Kindle books and use advanced features. Freedom Scientific Presenters: Elizabeth Whitaker, Cathy Johnson, and Rachel Buchanan. ACVREP Credits: ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar. Help Us Spread the Word: Please feel free to share this invitation with someone you think might benefit from attending. Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9EHd1wnLSLmcdrNbTTvKuA 11) Online Workshop: Learn About Leasey: Introduction to Leasey and Using Leasey Select to Easily Select, Copy and Cut Text | David Goldfield August 19th 2022 | 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 12AM GMT on 8/20 | If you are a user of either JAWS or Fusion I would suggest that Leasey from Hartgen Consultancy is a program that you might want to consider using. It adds over sixty additional features and functions to JAWS. Users who are very new to using a computer or who may have cognitive challenges are sure to appreciate Leasey Basic which includes a consistent menu interface for accessing commonly used programs and tasks. Leasey Basic also includes friendly context- sensitive help. When using Leasey Basic the menus along with the context-sensitive help are spoken in a pleasant, human voice. Learn more and join the meeting at: https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2022/08/07/online-workshop-from-david-goldfield-learn-about-leasey-introduction-to-leasey-and-using-leasey-select-to-easily-select-copy-and-cut-text-friday-august-19-800-pm-eastern-time/ 12) Using Focus Braille Displays on VoiceOver with iPhone & iPad (ACVREP CE Approved) | Access Ingenuity August 24th 2022 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | While it is possible to use VoiceOver on an iPhone and iPad with finger gestures and an external keyboard, are you aware that it is also possible to connect a braille display via Bluetooth and operate your iPhone and iPad? In addition, while VoiceOver has general braille commands while working with most braille displays, there are further keyboard key assignments with the Focus braille displays allowing you to navigate even more conveniently and efficiently. Join Rachel Reeves, Marisa Church, and Zhi Huang from Access Ingenuity along with Joe McDaniel from Vispero to explore how to use a Focus braille display to increase your efficiency while using VoiceOver with your iPhone and iPad. Note that everybody is welcome and can benefit from this presentation. If you are a teacher of the visually impaired (TVI), this presentation is approved for ACVREP continuing education credit. Learning Outcomes: Explore how to pair the Focus braille displays via Bluetooth. Understand how to auto-connect and auto-disconnect once paired. Discuss the braille options and how to work with them. Discover braille and Focus-specific commands. | Meeting ID: 814 9421 7204 | Passcode: 239395 | One tap mobile: +16694449171,,81494217204#,,,,*239395# US | Dial by your location: +1 669 444 9171 US | Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81494217204?pwd=VExRZDJ2cEVvWklhNFNVQ1NDYjhnZz09#success 13) Essay Writer: a Visual Writing Tool | Call Scotland August 31st 2022 | 8AM PT, 9AM MT, 10AM CT, 11AM ET, 3PM GMT | Essay Writer is a visual writing tool for students, which is designed to support the development of organising, writing, and referencing skills. Combining a visual mind map and linear text provokes meaningful learning. The software can help overcome barriers such as weak working memory, slow processing speeds and overwhelming feelings. In this webinar, Helen-Louise Rowe will demonstrate how the application of assistive technology can not only make learning and writing easier but also develop your own skills. Essay Writer utilises writing tools such as, phrase banks, paragraph highlighting and automatic referencing; as well as offering easy ways to completely restructure essays without the worry of losing track and so much more: https://www.callscotland.org.uk/professional-learning/webinars/WEB218/ 14) ZoomText, JAWS, & Fusion: Products and Licenses | Access Ingenuity August 31st 2022 | 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT | ZoomText Magnifier with and without speech, JAWS screen reader, and Fusion. What are they, and what are the differences? What are the distinctions among the different license options? In addition, what is a Software Maintenance Agreement? These are Frequently Asked Questions about ZoomText, JAWS, and Fusion. Join Ian Ramos and Zhi Huang from Access Ingenuity to learn about these products and license options. Learning Outcomes: Explain the difference between ZoomText Magnifier with and without speech, JAWS screen reader, and Fusion. Discuss the advantages of each program and the individuals who would benefit from them. Explore the different license options and understand what a Software Maintenance Agreement is. Meeting ID: 858 5495 8739 | Passcode: 930963 | One tap mobile: +16699009128,,85854958739#,,,,*930963# US (San Jose) | Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) | Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85854958739?pwd=RTR3ck9TZldMVFp6amM1ckVzSUJ6dz09#success 15) Pixel Phone | Technology User Group, Maryland State Library September 10th 2022 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Has Android bridged the gap with Apple with this remarkable new device? All events are currently being held via teleconference until further notice. No programs will be held in person. Please dial (319) 527-4994 ☎ at 10 AM ET: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx 16) Blindness & Diabetes Webinar: Dexcom vs Freestyle Libre | Accessible Pharmacy Services For The Blind September 23rd 2022 | 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT | Blindness and Diabetes Webinar: Dexcom vs Freestyle Libre. Please join Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind and University of Pennsylvania's Diabetes Education Center as we compare Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) devices available to our blind, deafblind, and low vision patients living with diabetes. We will be discussing differences between Dexcom and Freestyle Libre as well as their accessibility features. This webinar will have captioning and a live ASL interpreter. If you are unable to attend, please register to receive the webinar audio and video via email: https://www.accessiblepharmacy.com/blindness-diabetes-webinar-dexcom-vs-freestyle-libre/ 17) iOS 16 Review And Editing Voice Memos | Technology User Group, Maryland State Library October 1st 2022 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Every year we look for accessibility improvements in our i-devices. See what is new in this latest version of the Apple operating system. All events are currently being held via teleconference until further notice. No programs will be held in person. Please dial (319) 527-4994 ☎ at 10 AM ET: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx 18) WordPress Accessibility Day November 2nd 2022 | 8AM PT, 9AM MT, 10AM CT, 11AM ET, 3PM GMT | WordPress Accessibility Day is a free, 24-hour online event scheduled to start at 15:00 UTC (11:00 US Eastern, 8:00 US Pacific) on Wednesday, November 2nd. The conference will be held virtually so you can present from anywhere worldwide. Here are some other important things to know about speaking at WordPress Accessibility Day: We will provide an accessible speaking experience — the presentation platform will be screen reader-friendly, and we will have captions and sign language interpretation available for speakers as needed. You don't have to have speaking experience! We would love to have first-time speakers present and can support you in presenting as needed. You don't have to be an "expert" or have any special certifications. Anyone with something to share related to accessibility on the web or in WordPress is invited to apply. You can share your journey learning about accessibility or your experience as a person with a disability even if you don't think you've reached the end of that journey yet. Your topic doesn't have to be explicitly WordPress related. While we want some talks specific to WordPress and want to encourage developer-level presentations, not all talks need to be specific to WordPress. General website accessibility talks with broad applications for websites of all types and people of all levels of technical abilities are welcome. If you have an idea for a talk to share your knowledge or experiences about the intersection of WordPress and accessibility, we'd love to hear it! https://wpaccessibility.day/weekend-plans-apply-to-speak-at-wp-accessibility-day/ 19) AT Gifts for the Holidays | Technology User Group, Maryland State Library November 5th 2022 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Our annual look at gadgets and gizmos that will make your holiday season a successful one. All events are currently being held via teleconference until further notice. No programs will be held in person. Please dial (319) 527-4994 ☎ at 10 AM ET: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx 20) ACB's 2022 Audio Description Awards Gala November 29 2022 | The American Council of the Blind (ACB) proudly announces the second annual Audio Description Awards Gala on November 29, 2022. The Gala will once again celebrate outstanding achievements in audio description in media and expand awareness of its benefits. In recent years there has been enormous success in expanding audio description for audiences who are blind, low vision, or have other sensory disabilities that create barriers to full inclusion in visual media. "The Audio Description Awards Gala will celebrate the best of the best within the art and science of inclusive audio-described media," said Eric Bridges, ACB's Executive Director. "Together we will work to expand awareness of the transformative value that audio description brings to the lives of people with disabilities:" https://acb.org/save-the-date-2022-AD-Awards 21) 20 Websites to Bookmark for 2023 | Technology User Group, Maryland State Library December 10th 2022 | 7AM PT, 8AM MT, 9AM CT, 10AM ET, 2PM GMT | Technology keeps changing and so do the websites that are useful in our everyday lives. Find out why these 20 websites are so important for 2023. All events are currently being held via teleconference until further notice. No programs will be held in person. Please dial (319) 527-4994 ☎ at 10 AM ET: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx ➜ Directories 1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired App Directory https://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-app-directory.html 2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Game Directory https://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-game-directory.html 3) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directory https://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html 4) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directory https://www.toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html ➜ Buy, Sell or Trade ✍ List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. Fill out this short form to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-buy-sell-trade or learn more on the Top Tech Tidbits website. 1) FOR SALE: One Focus 40, 5th Generation Braille Display Listing Date: 7/21/2022 | Price: $1,825.00 USD | Condition: New. | Description: Selling a Brand New Freedom Scientific Vispero Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille display and notetaker in retail box with all its new accessories including all software and cords and new premium leather carrying case. Text me anytime. | Contact: Chris via email at: cs567eml at gmail.com ✉ or by text at: (225) 307-0008 ☎. | 2) FOR SALE: One Focus 40, 5th Generation Listing Date: 7/21/2022 | Price: $1,500.00 USD | Condition: Gently used. | Description: In excellent condition. Works perfectly. Includes leather carrying case and strap, adapter and cord, and user's manual in braille. Asking $1500 or best offer. I will ship to U.S. or Canada. I accept PayPal. Thanks. | Contact: Roger via email at: roger at roger.ca ✉ or by phone at: (519) 280-1643 ☎. | 3) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.) Price: $5.00 USD | Description: List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5.00 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short 10-step form ✔ to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. | Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html 🌐 | Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor Classified Ads: Sponsor: Pneuma Solutions ➜ The Next Generation in Accessibility Need to quickly access a distant computer with minimal fuss? Need to quickly convert image documents into readable text? Today's students and working professionals demand more of their technology. Employers expect more of their workforce. Pneuma Solutions is bridging the gap using the best in machine learning to connect you to your environment when you need it, how you need it. Give us a try, and experience accessibility on a whole new level: https://pneumasolutions.com/ Sponsor Since: June 3rd 2021 Website: https://pneumasolutions.com/ 🌐 Email Newsletter: Click here to receive periodic news via email concerning Pneuma Solutions products for business, consumers and education. Sales: (866) 202-0520 ☎ Support: (650) 249-1000 ☎ About: Backed by two decades of creating award-winning accessible cloud technologies for people with visual impairments, Pneuma Solutions is the global leader in accessible cloud-based solutions. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell. For more information on their individual profiles, click on their respective bio pages. We're proud to be the first company to develop cloud-based accessibility at the network level. Our tools provide organizations, like yours, a way to deliver secure, accessible information right from your network or from our secure servers. You can provide your print disabled consumers, students, employees, and citizens with a multitude of accessible options. Additionally, we offer a suite of cloud-based applications to blind and print disabled consumers directly from our website. Our consumer products are designed to make the day-to-day lives of blind and print disabled individuals more accessible and simpler to manage. Access to information is not a privilege, it's a right. It's also your right to obtain affordable, accessible cloud solutions to serve your end user. When organizations like yours implement our tools, together we help make it a more inclusive world for people with disabilities. Want to know more about how we can help you become more inclusive? Contact us here. We'll be happy to discuss how our tools can help with your accessibility needs. Sponsor: Freedom Scientific ➜ Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable Braille Displays Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®, Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and Android TM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille. Learn more today: https://www.freedomscientific.com/products/blindness/focus-blue-family/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Top%20Tech%20Tidbit Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021 Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/ 🌐 Email: info at vispero.com ✉ Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎ Facebook | Twitter | YouTube (Training) About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit individual needs. Sponsor: APH ConnectCenter ➜ VisionAware Resources Including the Information and Referral Line? APH ConnectCenter has resources to help blind and low vision people thrive. In addition to the Reader's Digest Getting Started with Vision Loss Guide You can also call the Information and Referral Line with your questions about resources and living with blindness and low vision. https://visionaware.org/ Sponsor Since: March 4th 2021 Website: https://aphconnectcenter.org/ 🌐 Email: connectcenter at aph.org ✉ APH ConnectCenter Information and Referral Line: (800) 232-5463 ☎ Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET Facebook (CareerConnect) | Facebook (FamilyConnect) | Facebook (VisionAware) | Twitter | YouTube About: The APH ConnectCenter offers curated advice and resources to assist children, parents, adults, and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired, and their associated professionals, leading to greater independence and success in their lives. Sponsor: Humanware ➜ BRAILLIANT Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here! The wait is over! A redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from many participating online libraries and share information easily with your peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this is the Brailliant idea you need! http://www.humanware.ca/web/en/newsletter/123020211100-BrailliantBIX-Launch-US.htm Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021 Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐 Phone (Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎ Phone (Australia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎ Phone (Canada): +1 888 723-7273 ☎ Phone (Europe): +44 1933 415 800 ☎ Phone (International): +44 1933 415 800 ☎ Phone (Ireland): +01 8307033 ☎ Phone (New Zealand): +027 700 1674 ☎ Phone (United Kingdom): +01933 415800 ☎ Phone (United States): +1 800 722-3393 ☎ YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥 About: HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of electronic handheld magnifier. Sponsor: LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store ➜ LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store Featured Products Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 | TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 | BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50 count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3 volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane: $50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today! Sponsor Since: October 1, 2020 Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐 Toll Free: (888) 400-8933 ☎ Local: (415) 694-7301 ☎ About: Founded in 1902, San Francisco's LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision. Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible solutions for blind and visually impaired people. Sponsor: American Printing House (APH) ➜ Combine Learning And Gaming For A Fun Braille Adventure With Polly! APH and Thinkerbell Labs are excited to introduce Polly, complete with customizable UEB lessons, songs, games, and stories! Join our waiting list to know when Polly is available: https://www.aph.org/polly-wait-list/ Sponsor Since: July 2nd 2020 Website: https://www.aph.org/ 🌐 Toll Free and Customer Support: (800) 223-1839 ☎ Phone: (512) 895-2405 ☎ Fax: (512) 899-2284 ░ YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/WENRlCNDsxQ 🎥 Free Apps & Actions from APH: https://www.aph.org/free-apps-from-aph/ 📱 About: Since 1858, the American Printing House for the Blind has operated in Louisville, Kentucky as the world's largest nonprofit organization, creating accessible learning experiences through educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired. APH believes that the future belongs to everyone. By offering innovative products and services, APH opens up a door of opportunities for lifelong independence and success. Sponsor: GuideLights and Gadgets ➜ GuideLights And Gadgets: The Canes Are Coming; The Canes Are Coming! We are excited to announce that the 60 inch non-collapsing telescopic cane will soon be available! GuideLights and Gadgets is manufacturing this cane exclusively and it will be available before September 15th. The cost will be $70; the 50 and 54 inch models are now available at $50. For more information, contact Barry Scheur at (617) 969-7500 ☎ / bscheur.gadgetsandtech at gmail.com ✉ or Kae at (781) 286-1696 ☎ / guidelightdogs at gmail.com ✉. Director, http://www.GuideLightsAndGadgets.us Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020 Website: http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐 For Gadgets and Leather Contact Barry at: Phone: (617) 969-7500 ☎ Email: bscheur.gadgetsandtech at gmail.com ✉ For All Things Dog Contact Kae at: Phone: (781) 286-1696 ☎ Email: guidelightdogs at gmail.com ✉ About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3 lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics, enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta principle) and it seems to work very well. What We Do: We bring our business either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product. We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, affordable, and, whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to us is never the same experience twice! Sponsor: A. T. Guys ➜ Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub If you're like me, you probably have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why we've now added the Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port, and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95: https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=331 Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020 Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐 Phone: (269) 216-4798 ☎ Email: support at atguys.com ✉ Skype: atguys ✆ Twitter: https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍ Facebook: https://facebook.com/atguys ✍ About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269) 216-4798 ☎. Sponsor: That Real Blind Tech Show ➜ That Real Blind Tech Show Episode 95: Door Detection Is Damn Sexy On this episode Brian, Allison, Jeanine, and David Goldstein discuss iOS 16 beta, door detection, Amazon acquiring Roomba, HBOMax and Discovery Plus merging and what it means for accessibility, and a very special What's Pissing Off Brian Now as he has heard back from the Justice Department after being refused service at a business with his guide dog, and of course it is more of Watcha Streaming, Watcha Reading: https://thatrealblindtechshow.libsyn.com/episode-95-door-detection-is-damn-sexy Sponsor Since: August 11th 2022 Website: https://blindtechshow.com/ 🌐 Email: ThatRealBlindTechShow at gmail.com ✉ Social: Facebook Page | Facebook Group | Twitter Listen: Apple Podcasts | Audible | Google Podcasts | Spotify | YouTube Hosts: Brian Fischler | Ed Plumacher | Allison Meloy | Jenine Stanley Goals: We want to educate you on the latest tech for the blindness community. You'll learn what is worth keeping and what you need to return. Our goals are: To inform, inspire and educate our audience. Feature guests and products that bring you value. Continuously improve and deliver the best content. About: A podcast discussing the good & bad of assistive technology for the low vision & totally blind. No longer focused on just Apple VoiceOver technology. That Real Blind Tech show covers all the fantastic talking tech and gadgets out there for the low vision and blindness community. Common topics include Apple's VoiceOver, JAWS, Microsoft Narrator, NVDA, Amazon Alexa and VoiceView, Google Assistant and Android. Basically, if a device can talk to you, we are going to be talking about it. That Real Blind Tech Show will not only educate you, but it will also make you laugh. Listeners are encouraged to not use treadmills or drink hot coffee while listening to our show, or accidents can and have occurred. Dishes have been broken while listening to That Real Blind Tech Show, and while we are responsible for the laughs, we are in no way responsible for the injuries or bills that pile up. Remember to keep it Real and also don't believe anything you hear on That Real Blind Tech Show. Home | Episodes | Blog | Contact | Subscribe Sponsor: Aira Sponsor Since: August 4th 2022 Website: https://aira.io/ 🌐 Download the App: Apple App Store | Google Play Store Plans and Pricing: https://aira.io/pricing/ Phone: NA: +1.800.835.1934 ☎ | AU: +1.800.765.096 ☎ | UK: +0.800.046.5668 ☎ | NZ: +1.800.425.451 ☎ Text Message: NA: +1.858.242.4457 📲 | AU: +61.488.839.767 📲 | UK: +44.149.320.2474 📲 Email: support at aira.io ✉ Social: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram About: Aira's mission is to remove barriers and make the world more accessible with visual interpreting. We provide a live, human-to-human professional assistance service, an accommodation or productivity tool, that enhances independence by delivering on-demand, skilled and reliable visual interpreting for just about any task. Using the powerful combination of a camera and the Aira app on someone's device of 'choice', a professionally-trained agent will assist by visually interpreting what is in the camera's view or on screen, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating - just about anything, safely and securely. Aira supports a growing range of devices including smart and tactile button phones, desktop computers and soon, wearables. Whether you are involved in the work of business, the work of school or the work of life, Aira enhances everyday efficiency, engagement, and independence. Used by employees and customers of hundreds of organizations including airports, banks, the largest software companies, financial firms, retailers and universities, we invite you to join the community, access the Aira app today and try it for free. https://aira.io/download-and-try-it/ Step One: Subscribe and Download. Pick the plan that lets you explore on your terms and on your time, sign up in a few minutes, and download the Aira app to your smartphone. Plans shown are for the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Add or cancel at any time. Step Two: Connect with an Aira Agent. On the first call, connect with one of our certified, specially-trained Agents and learn how everything works. Step Three: Real-time Assistance. At the touch of a button, Aira delivers instant access to visual information, when and where you want it. Sponsor: Blind in Mind, The Braille Superstore ➜ Blind in Mind, The Braille Superstore: Touch Tomorrow in Today's Products Serving blind people since 1999, we're a family-owned, forward-thinking company offering both tried-and-true and exciting new products for blind and low vision consumers. We design and carry self-voicing educational software, Braille supplies, talking gadgets, adapted household items, tactile card and board games, audible toys and gift ideas. Passionate about innovation, we've also created dozens of products from scratch when a suitable solution did not exist. Shop online at http://www.braillebookstore.com/ and enjoy fast, free shipping. Sponsor Since: June 30th 2022 Website: http://www.braillebookstore.com/ 🌐 Phone (Toll Free): (800) 987-1231 ☎ Fax (Toll Free): (800) 985-1231 ░ Email: Sales at BrailleBookstore.com ✉ Hours: 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time. About: Welcome to Blind in Mind, The Braille Superstore. We have been supplying products to blind people and their families since 1999. We offer thousands of Braille books, toys, games, kitchen aids, and talking products. We have unbeatable prices, fast, free shipping, and great customer service! We have tons of Braille books and cool products to choose from; so grab a cup of coffee, relax, and we'll give you a quick tour: Products: ➜ Timekeeping ➜ Housewares ➜ On The Go ➜ Low Vision Products ➜ Toys and Games ➜ Gift Shop ➜ Braille Workshop ➜ Braille Bookstore ➜ Greeting Cards ➜ Copy Center ➜ Computer Lab ➜ Popular Products ➜ New Products If you need some fresh ideas or have questions, you can also check out our Shopping Guides. Sponsor: Fable ➜ Advance Your Career With Fable Pathways' Free, Accessible Online Learning Fable Pathways helps you gain the skills that you need to work in the tech sector with a free, accessible, and on-demand program. Learn from industry leaders with disabilities to take your career to the next level, like Kelly Ford, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, who introduces GitHub and VS Code using a screen reader. Spend less time and energy trying to access courses with your assistive technology and focus on the content that matters to you, with Fable Pathways' accessible platform. Sign up today! https://tinyurl.com/25jwux3p Sponsor Since: June 30th 2022 Website: https://makeitfable.com/ 🌐 Email: community at makeitfable.com ✉ Phone: (888) 212-3532 ☎ Extension 810 About: Just like curb cuts help everyone get on and off sidewalks, designing digital products with accessibility in mind helps make the internet more accessible for everyone. Fable is an accessibility platform powered by people with disabilities. Fable connects people with disabilities to accessibility managers, user researchers, designers, and developers to build incredible and accessible user experiences. Opportunities: ➜ Fable Pathways: Fable Pathways is a free skill development program for people with disabilities interested in working in the tech sector. Sign up to take your career to the next level. Courses include "Getting started in web development" taught by Kelly Ford, a screen reader user, and Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, and "Becoming a manager" taught by Fable's Head of Accessibility Innovation, Kate Kalcevich. Instructors are subject matter experts in their fields and have lived experience with disability. Pathways courses are free, self-paced and assistive-technology-friendly. Sign up now at https://makeitfable.com/pathways/. ➜ Fable's Community of Accessibility Testers: Work from home to contribute to real changes in digital accessibility and make the internet a more accessible place for everyone. Ever leave a website because it was too hard to navigate? Because it was missing button labels? Because it didn't respond to voice commands? Us too. Our community of testers who use assistive technologies work from home and contribute to real changes in digital accessibility with recognizable brands. Earn money to share your feedback on websites and apps of your favorite brands and work with companies that care. No experience required and no resume required. Fable is looking for assistive technology users in the USA and Canada to work the hours that they want, from the comfort of their own homes. Learn more at https://makeitfable.com/community/. Sponsor: Dolphin Computer Access ➜ Join the Dolphin Friends Program Dolphin Friends supports, recognizes, and rewards the great work that charities and sight loss societies do to support the people in their community who are visually impaired. Members receive free Dolphin software, staff training on GuideConnect and SuperNova, computing accessories and a useful resource pack to help you advise your service users on Dolphin assistive technology. Join Dolphin Friends: https://info.yourdolphin.com/join-dolphin-friends-us Sponsor Since: June 9th 2022 Website: https://yourdolphin.com/ 🌐 Sales: https://yourdolphin.com/contact Support: https://yourdolphin.com/contact/support Locate a Dolphin Dealer: https://yourdolphin.com/contact/dealer/locate About: Dolphin designs and builds software that empowers people who are blind or partially sighted to read, work and communicate. We are committed to creating assistive technology that makes workplaces, classrooms and the home accessible and usable for people with visual impairments. Dolphin assistive technology products are designed to improve accessibility and independence on computers, for people with a wide range of vision impairments. This includes screen readers for people who are blind, magnification and audio products for people who have partial sight and low vision. Dolphin also develops technology to assist a neurodiverse range of readers. Accessible reading technology from Dolphin is used by book lovers and students with dyslexia, ADHD and autism, in addition to other print impairments. It provides a way to access books from accessible libraries around the world. Dolphin Products Dolphin Computer Access designs and develops software that enables users to read and access information at home, at work and throughout their education. Dolphin assistive technology products include: SuperNova | GuideConnect | EasyReader | EasyConverter Express | Publisher | ScreenReader. Each Dolphin product empowers users with visual impairments to use computers independently, in ways that suit their sight and experience with technology. Sponsor: Clusiv ➜ Looking For Blind Job-Seekers Wanting To Advance Their Salaries, Careers And Digital Accessibility For The Blind Are you interested in learning new tech skills and working remotely while earning a competitive salary? At Clusiv.io we have created the world's first digitally accessible e-Learning platform built by the blind, and built for the blind. Visit the link provided and request Clusiv through your Vocational Rehab counselor for lifetime access to our e-Learning platform with courses such as Business Applications, JAWS, and more: https://clusiv.io/ Sponsor Since: June 9th 2022 Website: https://clusiv.io/ 🌐 About: We are Clusiv. We are the world's first e-learning platform built for and by blind and partially sighted people. We are a resource to vocational rehabilitation organizations. We are a training platform for individuals with visual impairments who have faced barriers to access and equity in the modern workforce. We are engineering the future of work for accessibility. Learn more by selecting the user path that best describes you: ➜ Discover. I want to learn more about Clusiv. ➜ Potential Student. I want to train with Clusiv. ➜ VR Agency / Counselor. I want to help the people I serve with Clusiv. ➜ Inclusive Employer. I want to hire Clusiv graduates. Sponsor: Double Tap TV ➜ Subscribe to the Double Tap TV YouTube Channel Double Tap TV is a weekly tech show on AMI-tv, (also available on CBC Gem in Canada and YouTube). Each week join hosts Steven Scott (@blindguytech) and Marc Aflalo (@marcaflalo) as they help viewers better understand how technology can assist in everyday life. Its tech from an accessible point of view! The show features interviews with some of the biggest names in consumer tech and features up and coming companies and services. Subscribe to the Double Tap TV YouTube Channel today at: https://bit.ly/321OUEy Sponsor Since: December 23rd 2021 Email: feedback at doubletap.online ✉ YouTube: https://bit.ly/321OUEy About: Double Tap TV is a weekly tech show on AMI-tv, (also available on CBC Gem in Canada and YouTube). Each week join hosts Steven Scott (@blindguytech) and Marc Aflalo (@marcaflalo) as they help viewers better understand how technology can assist in everyday life. Its tech from an accessible point of view! The show features interviews with some of the biggest names in consumer tech and features up and coming companies and services. Sponsor: HIMS, Inc. ➜ Order Now! Get The Most Powerful Android Notetaker Available, the BrailleSense 6 From HIMS. It's Simply The Best. The time is now to get your all-new BrailleSense 6 notetaker, the most powerful and user-friendly notetaker on the market. Running Android 10, with 128 GB of Storage, 6 GB of Memory, and an 8-Core CPU, the BrailleSense 6 is the ultimate braille notetaker. Learn more today at: https://hims-inc.com/product/braillesense-6/ Sponsor Since: September 30th 2021 Website: https://hims-inc.com/ 🌐 Shop All Products: https://hims-inc.com/shop-all-products/ 🛒 Phone: (512) 837-2000 ☎ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R9NjA1nfWo Sales Email: sales at hims-inc.com ✉ Support Email: support at hims-inc.com ✉ About: HIMS, Inc. is a global manufacturer and distributor that has provided braille, magnification and accessible healthcare devices since 1999. Sponsor: Blind Mice Mega Mall ➜ VIP-3000 Talking Thermostat Now $199.99 from BlindMiceMegaMall.com Control the climate of your home independently! The VIP 3000 is a universal heating — cooling talking thermostat This accessible digital thermostat is specifically designed to offer audio playback of indoor temperature, temperature settings and programming instructions so blind and visually impaired users can independently & precisely manage their indoor comfort. Don't over pay. Read more at: https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Item_Detail?itemid=3196066 Sponsor Since: September 23rd 2021 Website: https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/ 🌐 Blind Mice Order Center Phone: (866) 922-8877 ☎ Blind Mice Order Center Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST/CDT (GMT-5) Monday through Friday Mall Directory of Stores: https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory 🛒 Join The Today's Cheese Newsletter: Join the Today's Cheese newsletter to get Members' Only sales & Unadvertised Specials from the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. You can save money with these unadvertised specials! Send an email to: TodaysCheese+Subscribe at Groups.io ✉ Blind Mice Swap Shop: Sell, Swap, and Buy. The Mice receive calls everyday asking if we buy or sell used or unwanted items. The Mice don't sell used products but to help our members, we created the Blind Mice Swap Shop! The Blind Mice Swap Shop is the place for Sellers, Traders, & Buyers to find each other! Do you ... have something you don't want anymore... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Got something you just don't use... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Got something new to sell... Post it for sale on the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Provide a service that might be helpful to other Blind and Visually Impaired folks... Post it to the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Have an announcement about an upcoming event beneficial to the Blind & Visually Impaired Community... Post it to the Blind Mice Swap Shop. Joining the Blind Mice Swap Shop is free and as easy as sending an email to: BlindMiceSwapShop+Subscribe at Groups.io ✉ About: Welcome to Blind Mice Mega Mall! The Mall with the Blind In Mind! Blind Mice Mega Mall is designed for use with a screen reader and low vision software for visually impaired shoppers. Each store is an independent business owned / managed by a member of the Blind / Low Vision Community. Please browse & shop the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. You will find great items and unique offerings from our merchants. You help the Blind Community every time you make a purchase from any of the merchants at Blind Mice Mega Mall. Every purchase made at Blind Mice Mega Mall gives back to the Blind and Visually Impaired Community. Proceeds from sales fund the MouseHole Scholarship Program, the Cooking In The Dark Show and The Movie Vault. Blind Mice Mega Mall accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, Checks, and Money Orders. Purchase Orders From State Agencies are also welcome. Sponsor: Carroll Center for the Blind ➜ Attend the Screen Reader User Tester Training Program at the Carroll Center for the Blind Launch your career in the digital accessibility field! The Carroll Center for the Blind's new 7-week intensive Screen Reader User Tester Training program allows participants to learn and grow their ability to professionally explore, test, and report findings regarding the accessibility of websites, mobile applications, and digital document files using screen readers. Want to learn more? Start your journey to becoming a Screen Reader User Tester by visiting: https://carroll.org/screen-reader-user-tester-training-program/ Sponsor Since: August 5th 2021 Website: https://carroll.org/ 🌐 Phone: (617) 969-6200 ☎ Fax: (617) 969-6204 ░ Shop: https://carroll.org/store/ 🛒 Donate: https://carroll.org/donate ❤ Social: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Instagram About: The Carroll Center for the Blind is the foremost leader in vision rehabilitation services for individuals confronted by the challenges of vision loss. Our mission is to empower those who are blind or visually impaired to achieve independence and to lead a fulfilling life. Established in 1936, the renowned Carroll Center for the Blind has been serving those with vision impairment for over eight decades; we are known nationally as a premier Vision Rehabilitation Center. Located just outside of Boston on a sprawling campus in Newton, Massachusetts, we proudly serve ALL ages and ALL stages of vision loss. With the ongoing promise of improving the lives of people with vision-related problems, The Carroll Center for the Blind has pioneered many innovative services allowing people who are blind or have low vision to learn the skills to be independent in their homes, in class settings, and in their work places. Our services include vision rehabilitation, vocational and transition programs, assistive technology training, educational support, and recreation opportunities for individuals who are visually impaired of all ages. For over 80 years, the expertise of Carroll Center staff has provided help for thousands of blind and visually impaired persons with diverse opportunities for success and independent living. Your Name Here 0 of 18 Sponsorship Packages currently available. Top Tech Tidbits is a leading, not-for-profit adaptive technology publication that reaches over 7,300 adaptive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Top Tech Tidbits offers a total of 18 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing distribution of the publication. There are currently   0   of   18   packages available. If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor, but there are no sponsorship packages currently available, we encourage you to join our waiting list by sending an email to: sponsorships at toptechtidbits.com ✉. Once you have joined our waiting list we will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You will then have 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to the next sponsor on the list. When available you can secure one of these packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come, first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying these incredible benefits. Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html. Top Tech Tidbits Supporters: We couldn't do it without you! Thank for your support! Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing on an annual basis in order to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication. If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support. In tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing distribution of Tidbits possible: Platinum Supporters: Become a Tidbits Supporter today. 1.) Gary Lee Platinum Supporter since June 25, 2020 2.) Anonymous Donation Platinum Supporter since July 9, 2020 3.) Pshon Barrett Platinum Supporter since January 28, 2021 4.) Kelly Walborn Platinum Supporter since March 28, 2022 Gold Supporters: Become a Tidbits Supporter today. 1.) Howard Goldstein Gold Supporter since June 4, 2020 2.) David Goldstein Gold Supporter since June 12, 2020 3.) Katherine Crohan Gold Supporter since January 14, 2021 4.) Neil Jarvis Gold Supporter since April 28, 2022 Silver Supporters: Become a Tidbits Supporter today. 1.) Your name here. Help support Tidbits today. Bronze Supporters: Become a Tidbits Supporter today. 1.) Steven Wettlaufer Bronze Supporter since July 16, 2020 Top Tech Tidbits Subscription Information: ABOUT: Founded in 2004, Top Tech Tidbits is a leading not-for-profit Adaptive Technology publication that reaches over 7,000 assistive technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology. Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information technology access. Top Tech Tidbits is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin, Jenna Lang, Stephen (Alex) Marositz, and Ben Moxey. Top Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication. RELEASE SCHEDULE: Top Tech Tidbits is released every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM ET. SUBSCRIBE: Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe to receive the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com or by (SMS) texting "TOPTECHTIDBITS" to 22828. Any of these methods will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday Email Newsletter. It's that easy. PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER: Top Tech Tidbits Premium Subscribers receive additional benefits throughout the year, in addition to supporting upgrades to the Top Tech Tidbits Publication. Please consider joining us today! Premium Subscribers make new feature requests possible. SPONSOR: If you would like to become 1 of only 12 Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html. SUPPORT: If you would like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/donate.html. WEBSITE: Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at https://www.toptechtidbits.com. FACEBOOK: Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook. TWITTER: Are you on Twitter? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Twitter News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/twitter. LINKEDIN: Are you on LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin. YOUTUBE: Are you on YouTube? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube. RSS: Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology using your choice of news aggregator: https://feeds.feedblitz.com/toptechtidbits. QUESTIONS: Tidbits are intentionally concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit. ARCHIVE Visit the Top Tech Tidbits Archive at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/archive.html where you can grab back issues. CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS: Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at: editor at toptechtidbits.com. Information provided by: Top Tech Tidbits A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication https://www.toptechtidbits.com/  🌐 1420 Golden Gate Blvd. Mayfield Heights, Ohio 44124   (440) 442-9011 ☎ Top Tech Tidbits | 1420 Golden Gate Blvd, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124 Unsubscribe electronics-talk at nfbnet.org Update Profile | Our Privacy Policy | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by enews at toptechtidbits.com