[Electronics-Talk] New TV

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Jan 5 14:04:45 UTC 2022

We need to buy a new TV, mainly so the cable guy can see it to set up the
new cable box, which is really what we need.  No one living here can see the
TV anymore, so we don't really care.

Is there any advantage to having a "smart" TV?  We will not be using it to
watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, or any of those other things.  We will not be
talking to it.  I will be using the audio prompts in the cable box software,
but they are working now without a TV.  We are currently using a soundbar
for TV audio.

I'm thinking we can just buy some cheap non-smart TV that will serve the
screen-dependent folks, and keep using our soundbar ourselves.

Am I missing something?

Tracy