[Electronics-Talk] perkins style input with nvda

Tkáčik Michal michal.tkacik at skn.sk
Fri May 6 12:18:14 UTC 2022

Hello Michael,

what exactly in perky duck is not working for you? I am using it with NVDA without any problem. THere has to be some other issue you are facing. If you are familiar with Duxbury, the program behaves similarly.

You need to use F2 to switch between normal entry and perkins style entry. Once you are using perkins style, use keys fds and jkl for braille dots and patterns.

Then also depends on your keyboard - if you have troubles entering more than 4 dots patterns, it can be caused by your keyboard. Not all the keyboards are available to record a simultaneous button pressing. Some are able to record and process only 4 or 5 keys at the same time.

Michal Tkacik - Slovakia

Message: 2