[Electronics-Talk] Sony TV Update, Muted

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 19:08:19 UTC 2022

	Good afternoon everyone,

	I'm pleased to let you know that our Sony TV has its picture back
again. Geek Squad told me that when Sony does firmware updates these updates
sometimes screw up the tv's functions in this case no video. When I turned
the tv on this morning we once again had both audio and video. Sony must
have pushed out a patch to correct this problem as I'm sure they had
ear-fulls of complaints from their customers. All is good now. I'm still
keeping the Geek Squad appointment should we encounter other issues between
now and then.

	The Sony Bravia TVS use Google Assistant to provide accessibility
via speech. Mostly this works well. Recently we began hearing the  Google
Assistant repeatedly saying "Muted" throughout the day. We're wondering if
others who use Google Assistant on their tvs are experiencing the same
behavior. It happens infrequently but it would be nice to stop it as it can
be rather distracting. We can go for hours without hearing Google Assistant
say "Muted", but sometimes it does it more often like once an hour.

	It would sure be nice if these companies alerted customers when
updates to their device's firmware and accessibility solutions will occur
and give them information as to who to contact in the event of trouble so
the situation can be remedied. Sufficed to say we're much happier this
afternoon that our tv is its normal self. Have a great weekend.

Peter Donahue