[Electronics-Talk] portable cd player with fm radios ideas

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 12 02:29:27 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I know most of you are more tech savvy and I'm also slowly learning a bit
about apps on tablets but I still find touch screens hard since they are
sensitive and so easy to tap the wrong button.

I enjoy the simplicity of cds.

Can anyone suggest a portable cd player device preferabily with FM radio?

They are called a discman and are as light as a old fashioned walk man. I
know they are still sold, but only online, as far as I can tell.

The downside to online is that you cannot feel the device and tell what
buttons it has.

I've got lots of cds to play from when I was younger. Now, I often just
stream music with my amazon echo.

Youtube is also a friend for entertainment.

I enjoy the simplicity of the cds. No internet buffering to deal with!

So any ideas, if anyone has one?

Sony makes them, for instance.

I have one now but its very old and not working as well. Its gears are
slower to turn and it skips more.

I am hoping to find a good replacement that is accessible; modern things
though tend to have smaller buttons or touch screens.

Thanks.

Ashley

www.avg.com