[Electronics-Talk] Evo10 Daisy player

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 9 12:44:03 UTC 2024

I bought the Evo10 from Laz a couple weeks ago.  It has electronic voices,
one male and one female.  The female sounds like the same voice as the
Stream uses.  For me, it's very easy to understand.

It's a nice little machine with real buttons, which I like.

The recording works well, though you have to set the volume according to
what you're recording, music or voice.  If you always do one thing, you
don't have to mess with it.  It can also record from the radio.

Laz sent a whole heap of internet radio stations with it, which are
interesting.  I'm having some trouble figuring out how to add my own
stations.  I tried for a while one day and haven't got back to it yet.

Laz has descriptions and tutorials on his website, which will tell you more
about both Evo machines.

I haven't tried an audio book on it yet, but it does handle a lot of
formats.

I gather, from reading stuff I found on Google, that the Evo is the Chinese
version of the Stream, but they chose not to bother with NLS.  Apparently
it's sold all over the world, so NLS wasn't a priority.

Tracy