[Electronics-Talk] Shortwave Radio

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 19 22:12:47 UTC 2024

Thanks, leaning towards the Skywave.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Gary Lee via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2024 1:27 PM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Gary Lee <kb9zuv at arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] Shortwave Radio

Not as big or as nice sounding as the 2010, but the CCrane skywave ssb2 is a good option.
Small, portable, has AM, FM, SW, (with ssb), Aircraft, and weather band.
Pretty blind friendly to operate.  Haven’t tried doing memories yet, but from the manual, it looks pretty easy.
No sync detect, but for all the other features, I’ll take it.
Uses 2 AA cells.  Last time I checked, $169.00.