[Electronics-Talk] reminders, alarms, and other productivity tools on windows pcs

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri May 17 20:16:56 UTC 2024

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a nice spring so far.

I am aware that smart phones and tablets such as the Apple IPhone and IPad
have productivity apps to help you organize your life and remind you of
things.

The IPad has a notes app as well as a reminders app. It also has the voice
memos app for short notes.

I use my pc, either desktop or laptop, much more often though and want ways
to do similar things on here.

Does Windows PCS and tablets have ways to set alarms, reminders and
appointments?

Is this accessible to screen readers?

Please tell me which app or software you use if you do this.

I know on the IPad you can set reminders and they pop up at certain times
and its there till you dismiss them.

I'm hoping something similar is there for the pc.

I also have the Microsoft desktop suite  of applications including Microsoft
Outlook. I thought learning to set appointments in it might be helpful.

Is Outlook's calendar and tasks feature a big learning curve?

Thanks.

Ashley

www.avg.com