[Fabs] testimony on how I got to CCB

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:07:13 UTC 2011

I'd love to share my story of how I was able to get to CCB.  First, I
asked my vcounselor at the time, Beth Crain, and as expected, she said
no.  I needed the training CCB offered because I was dominated by
family for more than twenty years, so I went straight to the director
and said, "I want NFB training."  In so many words or less, that's
what I said.  However, DBS refused to hear it.  Then, they based t all
on money, money, money.  I went to Julie Deden, the director of the
CCB, and asked her to write me a letter of justification.  She did.
This letter, which I still have, was ultimately what got me away from
the possibility of going to Ruston or Daytona.  I loved CCB the moment
I saw what was offered on the website.  Ruston has no transit and is
simply a charming little Southern town, but Denver stuck with me
because of its big city lifestyle options.  I prefer CCB over Daytona,
of course, because the sleepshade policy really works and any NFB
center trainee could tell you that all classes being required is a
great idea.
Sincerely,
Beth Taurasi