[Fabs] State Convention (May 25-28)

RAFAEL FERNANDEZ nfbfabs at gmail.com
Tue May 8 04:52:24 UTC 2012

Good evening FABS,

Our State Convention is fast approaching, and it is going to be
fabulous! That said, here are a few important updates:

First, if you have not made your room reservations yet, have no fear,
the deadline has been extended for a couple of days. However, there
are not many rooms left so get those reservations in as soon as
possible. In order to secure your room, please call the Embassy Suites
Boca Raton at (561) 994-8200 or 1-800-362-2779. When calling, ask for
the National Federation of the Blind of Florida’s room rate of $84.00,
plus tax, per night (The code is NFB.) Rooms are reserved on a
first-come first-served basis.

Besides the usual excitement that surrounds a State Convention, FABS
has some awesome things planned for you:

We will be hosting our first ever Pajama Jam Social. Spend time with
your friends and make some new ones. There will be food and a chance
for you to show off your talents at this themed open mic night.

We also have two fun and enlightening workshops for you: Learn some
fun and easy ways to stay healthy and looking your best on a college
budget and limited time at our Fit to be Me Workshop. Then learn about
all aspects of having an exciting social life as a blind student at
our Social Spotlight.

In Addition, we will have our annual business meeting and elections.

This year, for the first time, we will be joined by our NABS
Representative, Shelby Ball who serves as the current treasurer on the
NABS Board.

This convention promises to be the best yet, so don’t miss out!
Attached you will find the Convention announcement as well as the
pre-registration form. Please fill those out and send them to the
state treasurer, Gloria Hicks, as soon as possible.
There will be a conference call prior to convention with more specific
details, but if you have questions or would like to help make this a
successful event, please write us at:
nfbfabs at gmail.com.

Hoping to meet all of you at Convention. Until then, best of luck on finals!

Sincerely,
The Florida Association of Blind Students Board