[Fabs] Changing JAWS and VoiceOver to Spanish Language

Mauricio Almeida mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:21:57 UTC 2014

Hi Helga,
I hope this message finds you well.
I will try and answer your questions below, but do let me know if you
have difficulty with anything on or off list and i will do my best to
clarify. if you tell me the specific version of jaws and what you use
voice over on it may facilitate me helping you. I have separated my
answer in sections to make it easier for you.
Jaws:
In jaws, i will teach you how to change the sinthesizer language,
because even though jaws has a language menu, which contains an option
called jaws language, it does not contain all the languages supported
for some reason.
To do that, it is easy: Just go to your jaws window, press alt and
navigate down. you will then be in the options menu, and on te voices
sub menu. if you press enter you will hear voice adjustments, and you
then want to press enter againn to activate this menu.
In the window that opens, you will hear a combo box saying profile name.
Press tab until you hear cinthethizer language.
If you go down on that combo box jaws will automatically change to the
language you want, leave it on the language you wish and then tab to
save.
If this is a change you will be making frequently, i suggest creating
a profile for it, that way in the future all you need to do is select
your profile in the first box of the window.
if you would like i can provide you more instructions on that.

voice over:
To give you specific instructions, can you tell me if you are using a
mac or an iphone?
it can be done in both cases.

symbols in a computer:
Sorry, I am probably not the best person to help with this. I use
portuguese, and in this case I either keep two keyboard layouts which
i dont recommend or just allow international accents and symbols in
the keyboard configuration.
If you tell me your operational system, (IE windows 7 8 ) I can
research for you though.

Braille not apex:
I dont have one of those. I just use a focus 40 at work. maybe someone
else can help you there.

sincerely and hope this helped,

Mauricio