[Fabs] Preparing for the First day of school

Avita Morgan vitaj88 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:06:19 UTC 2015

Mauricio that was great advice. To add to it, I would say make sure you
take the time to find your classes so that you don't have to waist time
finding them on the day school starts. I use to look at my schedule and do
a walk through so I knew exactly where to go. Now a days my classes are
always in the same building so I don't worry about that so much.
Also be prepared to introduce yourself to your instructors on the first
day. You used to do this with you mother in public school but now is you
time to do it solo. I usually wait until after class to take a minute to
introduce myself to new teachers. They are usually aware that a visually
impaired student will be in their class, but it is a good idea to let them
know who you are.