[Fabs] Mac Computer

Jorge Hernandez jeh1065 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 10 20:01:26 UTC 2015

FYI

As a Computer Science /Information Technology  graduate, I will advise you
not to purchase a MAC  computer just because you can use an IPhone fluently.

A MAC notebook is a totally different device from an IPhone.  Let me give
you a heads-up.

I have worked with adaptive technology for over 20 years and I can assure
you that you will be asking for trouble if you are thinking to use this
notebook for College.  For starters, you will depend on your Windows
platform to do most of your College work because voice-over will not work as
well as JAWS will when it comes in creating any type of document on word,
excel, access, and even power point.  I worked with a graduate student who
is in her second year of law school at the University  of Miami and she is a
fluent IPhone user.  She was advised by an individual who did not know what
adaptive technology is and told her to purchase a MAC notebook.  She faced
very difficult times in her first year of law school because her MAC
notebook would not read 90% of the assignments her professors would provide.
She had to purchase a Windows platform notebook again so she can continue
with her law degree.

If you are thinking of installing Windows in the MAC notebook using boot
camp, you will void the warranty and no Apple store will provide technical
support on the Windows side of the device and they will not even look at the
MAC OX side of the device either.

Moreover, most College / University professors will have a note on their
syllabus  that if you have a MAC notebook, that they will not accept your
work and if you will need assistance with online courses, that you are on
your own.  Again, be advised, you will be spending  money on  a device  that
will not be of use to you.  Do not purchase a device just because it is
pretty, it is what everyone else is using, or just because you think that
you can use an IPhone fluently.

Good luck

Jorge Hernandez
Vice-President