[Fabs] Mac Computer

Mauricio Almeida mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 23:20:29 UTC 2015

Greetings all,
First, I see no need to be this discouraging as far as macs are
concerned, as I have a friend who recently completed an internship at
apple, and is graduating in computer science with a mac as the
computer she does most of her things on. However, Jorge's message
serves as a reminder that there is a learning curve with the mac, and
if one thinks it can be learned in a day or two, unless technology is
what they breath this is not going to happen. Also, while I have not
seen any professors this harsh and avoid generalizing especially using
extreme situations as Law school, as we do not know what the
difficulty of the student was and or what their technology
experience/whillingness to adapt was, I will say that there might be
situations where windows is the preferred system, and because there
are less people using mac than windows, it might be easier to get help
for it. However, so long as the user understands the learning curve of
the mac and finds it worth dealing with it can certainly be a great
system.

Cheers,
Mauricio