[Fabs] The Benefits of baecoming an Active Member

Morgan, Rashad ram12g at my.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 13 21:44:05 UTC 2015

Hey Roanna,
Hope all is well. I just wanted to follow up with you about the benefits of becoming an active member of FABS and/ or your local chapter. One major benefit is the relationships you will build with other members. We often refer to each other as family because of the close bonds we have developed with each other. If I ever have any concerns or need support in any situation (life school, etc), I know I can always count on my NFB family to be their to support me 100%.
Another benefit of becoming an active member is that you will have the opportunity to experience some amazing opportunities such as attending a local or national convention, The Nfb Washington Seminar, Chapter events and fundraisers. I have experienced these events and have grown both personally and professionally as a result. For instance, after attending my first national convention, I realized that my goals and dreams were possible because other blind people just like me were successful. I met blind doctors, lawyers, business owners and entrepreneurs.  This experience allowed me to see that I can live the life I want to live no matter what obstacles I may face.
Lastly, becoming an active member within the NFB will allow you to participate firsthand in changing what it means to be blind. Every and anyone can help make a difference in our society. Their is no greater joy than knowing that you changed someone's life or contributed to new laws that will impact blind people forever.

Sent from my iPhone