[Fabs] Help! in need of tutoring in math

kroskos at cox.net kroskos at cox.net
Sat Mar 28 03:15:06 UTC 2015

Hello fellow FABS members,

     I am in the midst of trying to pass my last class for my bachelor’s degree. The class is quantitative literacy (math). I currently have taken an incomplete, and have approximately the next week to finish. In my last homework assignment, I have 6 questions that are completely stumping me. I really need to get these right in order to end up with a decent grade in the class.

     I am in need of someone who can help me with these problems. I am willing to work with someone over the phone or by e-mail, whatever is most convenient. The biggest problem I have is understanding written formulas as hearing them audibly is very confusing to me. So, I need someone who can explain these formulas in very simple, straight-forward terms (such as when to multiply or divide and in what order the operations are done. The subjects covered in these six questions include: equations, logarithms, exponential decay and half-life, finding angular size with distance, and finding the grade of a mountain peak. I have tried sources on the web, but the technical explanations just get me more confused.

    If there is anyone out there with the time and knowledge to help within the nextg week, I would really appreciate it. This is so important that I am even willing to pay someone something for their time. I just want to get out of this class with a decent grade, so I can graduate.

      I can be contacted at kroskos at cox.net.

thanks.

Kathy