[Fabs] Library services

Jeremy M jeremyx51 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 17:53:20 UTC 2021

Hello,

I work at a public library in North Central FL (as part of the Literacy Program) and wanted to find out what kind of things would be most useful to you and make you feel welcomed at your local library? (I’m sighted but with high myopia, no depth perception, & some other issues. I can generally read print, although large print is more comfortable, & I’ve been teaching myself braille.)

I have a lot of ideas for braille displays, tactile coloring sheets with our logos, braille story time with an embossed braille “read along” sheet with a few key words from the story, etc. However, I want to push for the things that would be most impactful. ...Would that be having a refreshable braille display available to use? A raised line drawing board? Braille classes/study group? A braille book club? An electronic magnifier? A braille embosser for public use?

I would love to hear your thoughts & ideas! .....What’s on your wish list to find at the public library?

Thank you!

-Jeremy Merritt

jeremyx51 at yahoo.com