[Fabs] Fwd: High Priority: College Board and Pearson Paid Studies Looking for Student Voices

Z'Leah Liburd nyirah17 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:55:40 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <trishak.nfb at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 25, 2022, 10:04 PM
Subject: High Priority: College Board and Pearson Paid Studies Looking for
Student Voices
To: <nabs.president at gmail.com>

Dear students,

This message is intended for folks who will be participating in the 2022
National Convention in New Orleans next week. Most opportunities are for
in-person attendees.

I am reaching out to you because we need your help. The College Board and
Pearson Education, both entities that provide critical resources to blind
students, are coming to national convention to conduct studies on their
platforms and resources. However, they have received low responses thus
far, and they are growing concerned that they will not get sufficient
feedback from blind students at our convention.

I am writing this message to you as a valued member of the NABS community
to take action and help us preserve these important relationships. The best
part, all opportunities are paid generously!

I have put a letter from the College Board and descriptions from Pearson
below. Additionally, I attached the Pearson announcement to this message.
Please please please sign up if you are eligible, and spread the word far
and wide.

I am confident in our NABS community to get the job done!

Yours,

Trisha

Dear Blind and Low-Vision High School and College Students:

The College Board is transitioning the SAT Suite of Assessments to be
delivered digitally and we invite all low vision and blind high school and
college students to join a usability and accessibility study for the new
exam application during the 2022 National Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind, in New Orleans or virtually.

Participation and feedback from educators, parents, and students like you
will help us better meet the needs of low vision and blind students.

More about this study

Date and time:

·       In-person:

o   Wednesday, July 6, 3:30–4:30 pm CT and

o   Thursday, July 7, 5:00–6:00pm CT

o   Please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in.

·       Virtual: Wednesday, July 6 and Thursday, July 7, 9:00 am–5:00pm
(CT). Additional details will be provided closer to the study date.

·       Timing: The study is expected to take one hour.

·       Devices: You can test on a Windows laptop (running Windows 10 or
later), a Mac laptop (running Mac OS 10.11 or later), or an iPad (running
iOS 10 or later). You can bring your own device or use one of the available
testing devices.

·       Compensation: You’ll receive a USD $100 gift card.

·       Study requirements: To receive compensation, you must complete all
activities, which include completing a post-study survey.

·       Additional Information

o   During the in-person facilitated study, you must wear a mask or
protective face covering and follow any additional local public health
guidelines and building policies. Please review the 2022 National
Convention Safety Protocols.

o   If you are under 18, parent/guardian consent is required.

o   You will not receive scores or feedback on your responses nor can the
study be used by you for college admission, placement, scholarships, or
other purposes.

·       Express Interest: Please indicate your interest by June 30 11:59 pm
ET by completing the NFB Usability and Accessibility Testing Interest Form
<https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3941c5cea52b4db7bcbfb09422305835>.

For any questions, contact us via email at CBdigitalsupport at collegeboard.org.

Sincerely,

College Board Services for Students with Disabilities

URGENT: Act now! PAID Research Studies for which you may be eligible at the
NFB Convention in New Orleans!

Amazon gift cards for qualified NFB Convention attendees who participate in
Pearson studies at the 2022 Convention!! Up to $300 in gift cards possible
if you complete BOTH the Math and Science studies!

*This is NOT a drawing! *

You will get Amazon gift cards based on the amount of time you spend in the
study: one $50 card for every 30 minutes spent!

Amazon gift cards are available for qualified NFB Convention attendees who
are interested in participating in Pearson studies at the 2022 Convention.
Pearson compensates study participants with $50 for each 30-minute block of
study activities completed. Most studies last 1.5 hours.

*If interested and qualified, Convention attendees are allowed to
participate in more than one study.*

MATH: Seeking students in 6th grade through College! Accessible Equation
Editor Recruiting Survey
<https://accessibility.pearson.com/research/2022studies/equation-editor/>

Pearson's Accessible Equation Editor Study will take place from July 5,
2022 – July 10, 2022, at the National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
National Convention in New Orleans.

We are seeking participants in grades 6 through College who are currently
taking or have recently taken grade-level math courses.

Participants in the study will be compensated for their time and will
provide feedback about the usability and accessibility of math editor
prototypes.

If you will be attending the NFB Convention onsite and are interested in
participating, please complete the Accessible Equation Editor Recruiting
Survey
<https://accessibility.pearson.com/research/2022studies/equation-editor/>.

SCIENCE: Seeking students in K-12 through College AND TVIs! Braille Science
Materials Study Recruiting Survey
<https://accessibility.pearson.com/research/2022studies/braille/>

Pearson's Braille Science Materials Study will take place from July 5, 2022
– July 10, 2022, at the NFB National Convention in New Orleans.

We are seeking participants in K-12 through College who are currently
taking or have recently taken grade-level science courses.

We are also recruiting Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI).

Participants in the study will be compensated for their time and will
provide feedback on the readability of tactile graphics that represent
various science concepts.

If you will be attending the NFB Convention onsite and are interested in
participating, please complete the Braille Science Materials Study