[Fabs] Reminders

Z'Leah Liburd nyirah17 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:10:44 UTC 2022

Hey There Students!
Just a few announcements for you to be aware of:
1. Be sure to apply for the National Scholarship and arrange for an
interview with Denise Valkema  by March 31st. See link below for the
scholarship link:
https://nfb.org/civicrm/scholarships/login
2. If you are planning on attending a national convention and you are a
first timer, apply for the Kenneth Jernigan scholarship by the 15th of
April. I just completed both scholarships and would like to encourage
everyone to read everything as there is a lot of information to take in.
See the link below to the page where you can apply and read about the
scholarship. (We will talk more about this at our next meeting)
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/kenneth-jernigan-convention-scholarship
3. Reminder about the meeting on March 13th at 7pm to discuss the National
Convention and the scholarship. I would love it if all students attended
this meeting. I'll be there. Also see link below or see the previous email
from Camille in the list serve. Here's the email that was sent for your
convenience:

Dear students!

As you may know, to recognize achievement by blind and visually impaired
scholars, the National Federation of the Blind annually offers blind
college students in the fifty states, the District of Colombia and Puerto
Rico the opportunity to win one of thirty merit-based, national-level
scholarships worth $8,000 each. All scholarships awarded are based on
academic excellence, community service, and leadership.

There is less than a month left to submit your application to win one of
these scholarships, and the National Association of Blinds Students wants
to support you as you cross the finish line.
Join us on Sunday, March 13 at 7:00pm EST. to get your questions answered
both by a representative from our national scholarship committee as well as
past winners.
As a reminder, applications are due by March 31, 2022 with no exceptions.

Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/4678833687 Meeting ID: 467 883 3687
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,4678833687# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,4678833687# US (Chicago)

I hope that this has been helpful and hope to see you on the 13th!

--

Z’Leah Liburd (She/her)

Vice President, Florida Association of Blind Students

Board number 1, State Wide Chapter

Nyirah17 at gmail.com

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched - they must be felt with the heart." -*Helen Keller.*

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/Florida-Association-of-Blind-Students-FABS-100610252389102

Instagram: https://instagram.com/blind_students?utm_medium=copy_link