[Fabs] Monthly Minutes: March 2022

sewer Quneibi students at nfbflorida.org
Mon Mar 21 17:10:53 UTC 2022

Good afternoon!

Below are the minutes for yesterday's meeting. As always, if you have any questions please let me know.

All the best,

Sewar quneibi
E: students at nfbfl.org
Secretary, Florida Association of Blind Students
Board Member #2, NFBF Tampa

FABS

Regular Monthly Meeting Minutes

March 20, 2022

1.    Call to order
·      Meeting was called to order by President Jannik at 6:06 PM
2.    Roll call
·      Absent: Jackie, Tashara, Jorge Marketing Committee: Grace and Thomas
3.    Guests: Legislative Director Russel Davis,
4.    The Pledge was recited by Meliora Hatcher
5.    Secretary’s report: Sewar Quneibi

Elijah motions to accept last meeting’s minutes. Motion seconded by VP Z’Leah. All were in favor.

6.    Treasurer’s report: Meliora Hatcher
·      No new transactions. Steady balance of $422

Sewar motions to accept Treasurer’s report. Elijah seconds it. All were in favor.

7.    The National Scholarship
·      Scholarship deadline is March 31st
8.    Scholarship for attending the National Convention
·      Provides financial support for students who want to attend the National convention for the first time.
·      Deadline is April 15
9.    Krispy Kreme fundraiser
·      We receive the tax ID from Silva. Application submitted and was approved. We need to order a minimum of 25 boxes. FABS will get 50% of proceeds.
·      A dozen of original donuts will be $8.50
·      Keep a look out for an email with a google form to put in your orders!
10.         There was a discussion of creating  a webpage for FABS in connection to the NFB site.
11.         Review of Washington Seminar.
·      Director Davis said that there are 3 meetings left and encourages everyone to join! He talked about the success of representatives that have signed onto bills that were presented. There might be another Washington Seminar this fall.
12.         Erica introduced herself, offering any assisstance.
13.         Adjournment
·      President Jannik calls meeting to adjourn.

Elijah motions to adjourn the meeting. Meli seconds the motion. All were in favor.

·      Meeting was adjourned at 7:01 PM

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.