[Fabs] Monthly Minutes: April 2022

sewar Quneibi students at nfbflorida.org
Wed May 4 15:46:01 UTC 2022

Hello!

Please find the minutes for last month's meeting below after my signature.
As always, If you have any questions please let me know.

All the best,
Sewar Quneibi
Secretary, Florida Association of Blind Students
Board Member #2, National Federation of the Blind of Florida of Tampa

*FABS *

*Regular Monthly Meeting Minutes *

*April 24, 2022*

*1.    **Call to order *

·      *Meeting was called to order by President Jannik at 6:05 PM*

*2.    **Roll call*

*3.    **Absent: Jackie, Tashara, Jorge, Camille, Marketing Committee:
Grace *

*4.    **The Pledge was recited by Tom*

*5.    **Secretary’s report: Sewar Quneibi *

·      *Update about outreach efforts was given. Some schools denied giving
their students FABS’s flyer, because they are not affiliated with the
organization. UF, Brower College, Lighthouse of St. Pete, and Lighthouse of
Tampa have agreed to pass on the flyer to their eligible students. *

·      *Sewar has a meeting with UF’s head of blind/VI students on May 4th
at 2 PM. *

*Hatcher motions to accept last meeting’s minutes. Motion seconded by
Grant. All were in favor.*

*6.    **Treasurer’s report: Meliora Hatcher *

·      *Informal report was given and a more formal report will be
presented next month.*

·      *Sold 29 boxes, hit the 25 mark, and received a lot of donations .*

·      *There were questions regarding what will be done about the extra
boxes sold. An agreeance was reached that another fundraiser application
will be submitted after the current fundraiser officially ends. The
additional donators will be contacted and told about the delay because of
the 25 box restriction.  We will need to wait until Monday to hear from
sylvia about finalizing the purchases.*

*Sewar motioned to accept Treasurer’s report. Tom seconds it. All were in
favor. *

*7.    **Upcoming Conventions*

·      *The national convention is in New Orleans in the beginning of July.
*

·      *The state convention is in Jacksonville in October. *

*8.    **Elijah announced that FABS has had a positive increase in
followers on social media. *

*9.    **The rest of the meeting included personal, light-hearted
discussion between members. *

*10.         **Adjournment*

·      *Meeting was adjourned around 7:15 PM*

*NFB Pledge*

*I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.*