[Fabs] FABS exhibit hall Description for our state convention

Z'Leah Liburd nyirah17 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:04:38 UTC 2022

Hello Florida family!
As the state convention nears and we prepare for our amazing exhibit hall,
the students wanted to give you a quick overview of what we will be
showcasing at our table.

Welcome to the Florida Association of Blind Student’s (FABS)Fair table! We
have lots of small things in store for your day at our  fair; you don’t
want to miss it. You may be asking, “What games and opportunities  are
awaiting at our fair?” Continue reading below, and find out.

First, we start off with a 50/50 raffle with a twist! Purchase a 50/50
ticket, then you have the chance to take a picture with our amazing stuffed
mascot. Who’s the mascot you may be wondering? It’s a surprise, so come and
find out!

>From there, wander down our table to our Candy guessing game. We will have
a container or jar with an assortment of yummy candy that will have you
bouncing off the walls with energy. You get one guess at how many pieces of
candy you think are in the jar. Whoever guesses closest or is correct on
that number will win the entire container of sugary goodness!

Feeling hungry? We got that covered as well. Although we don’t have funnel
cake, we have something equally yummy. Doughnuts! Pass by our table to
purchase your ticket card and exchange it for your doughnut in the
hospitality suite. One ticket card costs $1 and is good for one delicious
doughnut, or ten cards for one delicious box of doughnuts. A student or
hospitality sweet volunteer will be there to ensure that your sweet tooth
is taken care of.  MMMM I can already taste it! Hurry; you don’t want to
miss this doughnut extravaganza; supplies are limited.

What’s a fair without a little music right? We will be hosting a “Guess
that tune game”! How this works is that a randomized playlist of music from
the 70’s-2000’s will be played for 30 seconds. Within those 30 seconds, you
have to guess the name of the song. Each guess is a dollar, so if you guess
it right, you get your dollar back, if you guess wrong, you don’t get your
money back. If you feel up to that challenge, come and jam out with us for
30 seconds!

To wrap it all up, there will be a free give away! Once you approach the
table, you will be asked whether or not you’d like to be entered for one of
two Hawaiian themed bags with lots of delicious goodies inside. If
interested, your name will be written down and will be drawn. Test your
luck; this might just be your lucky day. May the luckiest person win!

I hope that this has made you excited for this year's student exhibit hall
festivities. We can’t wait to see you at our lovely fair. Please note that
all giveaways, raffle, and candy guessing  winners will be announced during
the banquet, and we only accept cash, so be there or be square!

See you on the flip side!

-----------------

Z’Leah Liburd (She/her)

Vice President, Florida Association of Blind Students

Board number 1, State Wide Chapter

Nyirah17 at gmail.com

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched - they must be felt with the heart." -*Helen Keller.*

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/Florida-Association-of-Blind-Students-FABS-100610252389102

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fabs_nfb/